Hello all!

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
After I read all these intros I realized I never posted here and had jumped in earlier this year with both feet running.

Here's my story: I never imagined I would be a ponder. I inherited my pond when I bought my current house. My pond/water garden is about 850 gallons and came with an external filter that was set up wrongly and a 3 tiered waterfall with lots of water plants. The pond was included as part of a backyard landscaping deal that turned the unfinished backyard into a fairly nice garden with patio, plants and the pond.

At first we didn't know we had fish in it because they were all scared and hidden away and only saw them a couple of weeks later. The original fish included two 8 inch koi and about 1/2 a dozen other comets/goldfish. Filtration was never a problem because the fish load was small compared to the pond so for a long time I never did anything much other than feed the fish and hose out the filters periodically.

My participation really ramped up this year when my son got interested in it (possibly because of the TV show Tanked) and we really started messing around with it. We bought more fish and then started building our own filters, partly to compensate for the higher fish load and partly for the fun of it. My first project, the mini-Bakki filter was one of my first threads here (that has now been dismantled, replaced with a medium sized Bakki). In fact, we're now so crazy about fish that we even bought our own 55 gallon aquarium so we could have fish inside for the winter!

Ya, the only drawback to living here is that the season is so short. Football season is only 7 weeks away and I know that'll be close to the end of the season. And I really have to give credit to the members of this forum for information and advice I've read here. This forum is super helpful, super friendly and great at solving issues, I'm sure it helped many people who was on the verge of giving up, I know it's given me lots of great advice!

Cordially,
John Huff, Sr.
Chairman/CEO of John Huff, Inc.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomeflute.gif
John
Better late than never.................now it's official :D
Have you posted pix of your pond/fish?.............I can't remember :rolleyes:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to this crazy group of ponders!!!! Glad you made it official was wandering how long it was going to take you??? :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we are a strange group of ponders and are harmless .WELCOME :razz:

Ask a Question