Hello everyone

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy checking in . Just returned to ponding after a long absence.We had a pond when I was a kid.There is a 75 x120 "real pond " on my property and about 10 years ago I stocked it with Koi. Well between the Otters , Osprays and Herons they did not last long . So I gave up.

About 6 months ago I bought a 30 gal tank and 3 Subumkins , as the fish grew I knew they were going to need a bigger home . The idea of building a pond for them struck me one day and I have been elbow deep in pond water ever since !

Main pond is 8.5 x 5.5 x 2.5 820 gallons give or take , 70 gal "skippy". Stocked with 10 goldfish , Subumkins and Comets and skeeter fish. , Pond is half above ground and straight sided so only 2 lillys and a dwaft Camboadian lotus for plants ,no bog plants . Just bought a 40 gal tub to make a bottom feed pea gravel bog.

Second pond is a converted hot tub gallons unknown . Its where the bog plants a some lillys live along with some skeeter fish and 3 Comets .

I have an equipment question to post , equpiment has come a long way since my last pond .

Happy ponding everyone !

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! glad you joined us

another-fish-welcome.gif

love my bog lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome back to ponding and hope your luck is even better than your first time .

Ask a Question