Hello from AZ

Reaction score
I just finished digging out my new pond. It is 12'Lx8'Wx4'D with two 2' shelves so if someone falls in they can get out. I have had ponds before at my other houses. Started back in 2000 with a little plastic formed pond and then moved up to a 1350 gal lined pond. Here are some pics.

Current pond I'm building:
219168_1695076545513_1495817817_31373827_8290802_o-1.jpg

Here's a few of my old pond I built.
Pond10-23-06.jpg

Koi I had.
Grouppic10-25-07.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome, from an ex phoenix gal! Your old pond looks great, and your new one will be greater!
animated-welcome-jumping-kid-2.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey bigred awful neat digger you are and that other pond looks great hope you share your secrets with us .Happy fish there too and the water looks great .Now spill the beans how do you do it . the lights on you tell us

Reaction score
sissy said:
what do you mean koi you had they run away from home

The old pond pictures are from my old house in California. I sold my koi when I moved to AZ 3 years ago. I miss my babies.

Reaction score
sissy said:
hey bigred awful neat digger you are and that other pond looks great hope you share your secrets with us .Happy fish there too and the water looks great .Now spill the beans how do you do it . the lights on you tell us

With a shovel, wheel barrel, and a lot of pain meds LOL!!!! I dug the whole thing myself with a shovel. Took ruffly about 3 weeks on and off in the mornings.:cool:

Reaction score
WOW so far so good
Love the old pond and the fish...I would miss those beauties also. Will you have fish in the new pond...Koi, goldfish/shubunkin, etc.?
can't wait to see how it turns out.

Reaction score
Welcome! Real men dig by hand. ;-)
I imagine it's a little easier to hold the shape as you dig in a dry climate.
How Arizona these days? Seems like the illegals are causing more and more issues with home invasions etc. Was thinking about retiring there eventually. IF I ever can retire! lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
real women dig by hand I did and malak come to VA houses here run from 15 thousand up taxes good too .My ranch 2440 sq.ft. land house septic tank and well and basement new built cost me 89 thousand 3 acres and a view lot up on a hill 2x6 stud walls triple pane windows check out danriverasociationofrealtors.com

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bigred said:
With a shovel, wheel barrel, and a lot of pain meds LOL!!!! I dug the whole thing myself with a shovel. Took ruffly about 3 weeks on and off in the mornings.:biggrin:

wow good job, my pond in arizona, had to use picks to break through the caliche.

Ask a Question