Hello from central Canada

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Thanks and hope to use your pictures for ideas. Drift wood and moss really make it interesting and unique in a way my more formal pond just won’t capture. Glad you joined us here on the forum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
Thankyou MajorDan as my intent as in any of my project is too look as though it was natural and always there. I am not a formal guy but I appreciate everyone's vision. When I find the right piece the waterfall or as my daughter calls it a dragon or peacock will look like it's a fallen tree with pieces shattered around the pond. The island I just posted looks like the end of what was the original branch I think. Many faces in the drift wood falls lol my daughter pointed out the lion with an old man pushing on its jaw. Seems we both notice many little hidden gems on the pond what a wonderful day.
Unfortunately if like on home renos you do it right and make it look like it belongs then it doenst look like you did anything at all which is also your reward.

Attachments

• 20180729_103527.jpg
    20180729_103527.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi

I am happy to have arrived and have read most every post that caught my attention. I just built my second pond. As many I started with the hard shell and now about 2 months ago hand dug my latest. This is my first pond that I feel is done properly with a bog and settling pond on sides. Happy to say very clear water and all is well. I am glad to have found you all and hope to chat over the the many years to come.
Welcome and looking forward to sharing and learning together.

Ask a Question