sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
all the pics look good and see your new puppy took a fall in the pond just be careful of his claws had a neighbor dog rip my liner .What ever your doing it looks great and seems you are finding your way and doing the right things .Me thinks you worry to much ,enjoy your new home and pond and that new puppy .If you see anything wrong with the fish then worry but other wise you seem to have a good grip on things

Reaction score
the pics with all the plants that are green and in the pond are from before winter everything else is recent and sorry i had to include a pic of my baby puppy and her brother

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think you got a great pond and love the spitter .I keep my ph at 9 most times and I have 13 fish and several are koi and 2 of them are over 2 feet long and they love to socialize and play and eat from my hands .2 thumbs up great job and what luck great pond .

Reaction score
oh wow that makes me feel much better. I only have one that is that big the rest are working on it i have about 13 as well and like 25 babys that are about 4 inchs long that are from the adults but they are always hiding

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you take some of the rocks out of the bottom the fish will have more room I do not have rocks on the bottom they just hide bad stuff .Most on here do not have rocks on the bottom .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 7 babies but they will go to there new homes soon .Goldfish breed way to much .I try to take the fish eggs out that the fish do not eat so I don't get anymore .I think in over 8 years I have given about 30 babies away to people with ponds around here

Reaction score
what do yall have on the bottom cause i think it would be boring if there wasnt anything or is it better all around to take the majority of them out

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The muck hides the liner .Mine aggie broke one of the bags of crushed oyster shells that I use to stabilize my ph and pond .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
glass of water from my pond and test kit and fish.pull a glass from your pond and it will show you just how clear your water is

Attachments

• pond test and glass of water from pond 004.JPG
    pond test and glass of water from pond 004.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 211
  • pee house pond 2012 023.JPG
    pee house pond 2012 023.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 228
  • pond test and glass of water from pond 013.JPG
    pond test and glass of water from pond 013.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 264

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It brings to mind, "Whack-a-Mole." I had visions of you mountain climbing in the Himalayas, beating off yaks & Yetis along the way!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You are lucky to have such a great pond included with the house. Enjoy :) Love the pups too :)
BTW, Sissy, did you take a sneak picture of my test kit? it looks just like yours. My ph has always been at 8.0 - 9.0 why I don't know, why is the sky blue LOL? but it has worked. :)

Ask a Question