sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you can find gaps in the rocks you may be able to tuck them in .I gave up on in the pond lights .I even sealed them with silicon but that only held up for 3 months .So I used LED landscape lights and a light on a stake that has LED bulb in it that is in holder

Reaction score
Sorry its been so long i have been very busy but i finally this weekend got to get in the pond and get all the rocks out and holy cow was there alot i had no idea how many were in there. i tested the water and took a pic of how clear the water is and a couple of before and after rock removal and night pics 100_4959.JPG100_4958.JPG100_4951.JPG100_4952.JPG100_4972.JPG100_4964.JPG100_4970.JPG100_4969.JPG100_4966.JPG100_4967.JPG

Reaction score
oh and one of my waterfalls is still under construction i had a bunch of vegetation that had run its roots through everything and was making water drain out so i had to take the hole thing apart and i have not had time to put it back together

Reaction score
I figured out how to get my lights in the pond to stay on the walls and face out, i took some old coat hangers and cut the straight part off and made brackets that slide under the rocks on the side of the pond and holds them up and in place and hooked the other end on the lights so now it looks awesome i will take some pics tonight and post them later

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat idea w/ the coat hangers. Pretty pond and lights look great and you have lots of nice looking koi too!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love the pond and wish i could do a drive by and steal your extra rocks .to hold pond lights side ways go to a hardware store and by plastic strapping and this way you don't have to worry about metal .It is cheap and used to hang pvc plumbing and has holes in it every couple of inches .I had some left when they put the abs sewer lines in my house .For 50 feet it cost 6.95 here .They use the plastic because it is cheaper and 9 years of holding up the sewer lines and no problems with it

Reaction score
i kinda wish you could to and ill have to look into that cause that is a little of a concern of mine they are painted so i think they will be fine for a while but thats a good idea

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You will find a use for the rocks wait and see .There are all kinds of uses for them .The strapping comes in metal and plastic ,some times you have to ask as the plastic one in lowes was near electrical and in home depot it was near plumbing .I think waterbug posted a pic of something like it on here .

Reaction score
Today is a sad day this weekend I found a new fish store that has a very nice selection and they take good care of all there stuff. I bought a big 1 foot pleco for the pond the guy said that it would do fine out there. The fish was in a pond setting already but it was inside well I put him out there and let him acclimate till he was the same temp and let him in he was doing good for the first day bit the last two nights it has been close to freezing and my pond is arround 48-52 degrees well I think this was a bit to cold for him yesterday when I got home I found him and he was not moving bit still breathing so I ran and made a holding tank for him inside the house and put a tank heater in there and slowly raised the temp to about 72 over the cours of 6 hours he was still breathinglast night but I was to late and this morning he didn't make it :'(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So sorry yak, guess now you know you can't put those guys out till it warms way up and then ya gotta bring them in when its cold and then good luck in catching them when they are warm and well cuz they are quick!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh I would go back to that guy he must have just wanted to make a sale .sorry but they are out there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I agree sissy as the guy did say it would do fine out there and it sure did not!

Ask a Question