sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My fish kill frogs .they are koi and the first time I saw them do it I freaked out lol .I pick dead frogs out every morning and it can be anywhere from 10 or 12 and more or less .My cousin Ellen lives in Indiana near the flood area .She is up on a small hill so she did not get water in her basement at all ,but her neighbors did .

Reaction score
Hey Randy sorry it just hit me that I actually knew you lol..have gotten some pretty nice fish off of you and I seen you had many more to sell this year. I will be downsizing my fish as my pond is too small for all of them :( I really wanted to build another pond but I am not sure it will happen this year so to be safe I will be finding some a new home. Anyhow I was just browsing and saw Indiana and Randy and it clicked ha ha..ready for spring!

Reaction score
LOL..It's a small world. Maybe in another week I can get out and get the show pools setup and start getting ready for pulling all the koi in a few weeks.
You'll have to stop by even though you are not going to be buying. Are you still trying to get rid of a couple of those bigger ones? Maybe I can steer some people your way. I will ponly have a few bigger ones to sell this year.

Reaction score
Yes I think I might have to part with some of the big ones as I do not want to end up killing them..I posted a few days ago on Craigslist for 5.00 for any of the small-medium fish no matter koi/goldfish,have lots of interest but I need to get them out of the pond first. Went and bought a 250gallon kiddie pool so I am just waiting on Indiana weather to make up it's mind as usual. How much are you asking for your larger Koi? Just curious as to what a good price would be. Thanks Amber

Reaction score
Well I have not decided for sure which big ones are going up for sale this year. I know I will be thinning out the herd a little this year. And I think there will be a couple of 15" plus butterfly koi being sold. I am guessing $50 plus on them. And I have a couple of other regular fins that are are about the same size. They will go for about the same.

Reaction score
I am sure you will sell them as you know they are over 100.00 at the pond store. Well good luck and I might see ya sooner than later if I can talk hubby into another pond :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Gosh, Amber and Randy, I sure wish I was ready for fish! You guys have super deals on your fish! The small pet store near me has 6" Koi (I think they are may be from Japan) for $23, so a large one like you're talking about, Randy, and butterfly at that, I would jump on. Yours, too, Amber! I really want to get small and watch them grow. From the sounds of people on here, they get large FAST, if the pond is big! I now have dreams of a stream going around the corner of the deck, from the water wheel fountain, to the pond! My dreams are getting BIG! Not sure the wallet is going to follow suit, though. :)

Reaction score
I bought my larger koi last year off some old man who couldn't take care of his pond anymore..I went for the concrete bench he had for 5.00 and when I got there and asked about the price of his fish he told me 20.00 per big koi(which he had 5 of) and like 5.00 for the smaller koi/goldfish..but he wanted the pond gone so I said how much for all the fish,pumps,supplies,garden arbor,decorative turtle and a black bear statue,he comes back with 200.00! So yes I came back the next day and got all my goodies. One big koi did not make it and I felt sick because he had it for 10 years and I killed it :( One fish out of 13 not bad right?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I go to a koi farm in NC which is about 15 minutes from my house and you can buy ugly fish for a dollar or others 3 to 6 inches from 3 to 6 dollars and my butterfly koi cost me 7 Aggie my biggest is 6 years old

Attachments

• fish 020.jpg
    fish 020.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 266
  • fish 017.jpg
    fish 017.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 210

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
She's the one giving the mug shot as soon as she see's the camera she comes over I think she wants food

Ask a Question