j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I love the bright bluish one in the last set of photo's the best :regular_waving_emot

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Last set is some random shots around the ponds, The last one is at my house, this Emily G.Hutchings night bloomer just opened tonight. First bloom from this lily this year.

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 220
  • night shots 014.jpg
    night shots 014.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 255

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
j.w said:
I love the bright bluish one in the last set of photo's the best :regular_waving_emot

first pic in the set? If that's the one that's King of Siam, Picture doesn't do that flower justice, we even said that when I went to take the pic, But I think it came out pretty good for my first attempt at photographing that one!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that's the one and King of Siam fits it to a tee cuz it is king in my book :regular_waving_emot

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Very nice lily! I knew what that one was when I saw it, I've wanted one of those for a while. The wife and I got home and went to looking at where we could build a Lily pond now! LOL,

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
A nice good sized lily pond full of all kinds of beautiful lilies w/ a few little goldies in there just to ward off the skeeters would be wonderful..............oh boy, now ya got me thinkin..........I think my hubby will not be for it tho........he'd say, what do you need another one for............I only have one now so what's the big deal, I'd say. It'd be nice to have one that I could get at the lilies easy to take care of them. My pond is deep at the sides and crowded around the edge w/ stuff so hard to get in and out w/o trampling things.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Same here JW, I thought the wife would complain about building another pond but after she saw all those lily's I think she was wanting one too! I'm up to four different kinds of Night bloomers and have a fifth on order that should be here next week. there is one more night bloomer I want, I want the King of Siam or Tanzinite, and the lily I saw at Magoo's with the pink in the lily leaf, That one really got my attention and didn't even have a bloom.

Reaction score
The four lilies in Larkin's second set of photos are King of Siam, Wood's Blue Godess, Rose Star and Rachel Presnell.The one with the pinkish pads is Arc-en-Ciel..Fishin4cars has an Arc-en-Ciel waiting when he's ready for it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow wow and wow, very nice! If they would make it here easier would love to have tropical lilies.

Very very nice magoo!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the 4th pic is a passion flower.I have this one and tons of baby plants and a couple of weeks ago I bought the yellow and orange one but no buds yet

Attachments

• new pics of house 032.jpg
    new pics of house 032.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 252

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I love the Passion flowers........reminds me of what aliens would have on their planets :lol:
How hardy are they.........oh never mind, I guess if they are hardy in Virginia where sissy lives they would be hardy here in zone 7 :rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I grew the passion flowers in arizona, have not tried them in maryland yet!

The net says zone 6-10 dependent on the species.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
problem is if they like it they take over and I can tell you they do .I just pulled a butch shoots from under my front porch and have one growing up the corner of the house that is almost up to the gutter

Ask a Question