j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Guess they need a special place where they can do their thing w/o bothering anything else then :lol:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
He gave me a start of the eccentric that I took pics of, just trying to figure out where to plant it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok fishin I went all the way back to the first post in this thread looking for something called eccentric and I can't find it...............am I just daft? You said you were looking for a place to put it..................but where is the picture of it in this thread?

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Forth pic, last set, ya'll are calling it Passion flowers. It's the varaiety name for the one I photographed and posted. That's eccentric. I had a pic of passion flower too to compare but it was out of focus. Lighter in color and not nearly as big, Dan calls eccentric passion flower on steroids and that's a great way to describe it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy you had me going there for a minute or two..........thank you for letting me know as I thought I might have to scold you for sending me on a wild goose chase. Passion Flower......Eccentric.............whatever you call it it's a beauty :lol:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Down here the native form is also called maypop. LOL, and I wasn't calling anyone eccentric except the plant! :lol:

Reaction score
The dark purple is Passiflora 'Incense'. Maypop is Pasiflora incarnata. 'Incense' is one of the more cold tolerant passifloras. My original cutting came from Kansas in a trade.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sissy said:
the 4th pic is a passion flower.I have this one and tons of baby plants and a couple of weeks ago I bought the yellow and orange one but no buds yet

Wanna trade for something sissy? pond plants Would be neat to add to my collection of plants, get it growing on our fence.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
magoo said:
The dark purple is Passiflora 'Incense'. Maypop is Pasiflora incarnata. 'Incense' is one of the more cold tolerant passifloras. My original cutting came from Kansas in a trade.

LOL, CRS-Can't Remember S%$# lol Thanks for setting me straight Dan!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Geeze could just send it to you for shipping don't want a penny .I have given tons of them away

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
warning it can get out of hand ,I found out fast .Not sure how to ship them to keep them alive tough .I have never shipped a plant .I could send you about 7 or 8 right now

Reaction score
I'll be happy to trade my waterlilies for Passion flowers an elephant ears I do not have.

If any one is close enough to come get them, I'll give them to you.

I would like to purchase or trade for viviparous lily pads of varieties I do not have? If any one has any please let me know.

Dan

Ask a Question