addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a nice offer fishin.............and I am sure your picks will be beautiful!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I wish I had the facility to ship, there is a breeder that I know that has some really nice goldfish, Koi not to bad but his goldfish are better quality. Some I've seen there make raingardens fish look .....well about equal for a far less cost. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well if I didn't already have a mutt pond it would get my interest ..................laughing

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for the link fishin and I'll check it out. Bro-in-law isn't much into critters but I sure am. His kids weren't allowed to go near any creatures and he was amazed at how interested I was in all the wildlife when we visited him. He kept saying "don't touch the turtles, they could carry a disease" and of course I had to touch the turtles :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks Larkin. When should I come get them or would you rather deliver them?

J.W , Wildlife & Fisheries agents pulled a 6' alligator out the drainage ditch on the side of my house last summer. A dry ditch in town. You b-i-l should be worried about the mosquitoes not the turtles.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that's right those skeeters carry the virus that can kill ya but I think I might worry a bit about a 6' gator eating my pets or me also living right next to my house :lol:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Skeeters are worse, They bite even when left alone, gators are just big lizards and big enough to see, so if you get bitten you've usually ask for it. Got to meet Magoo today, I really enjoyed getting to talk to Dan. Very nice guy! Looking forward to going by and looking at his ponds hopefully tomorrow. I'm Bringing my camera! Sounds like I'll need to bring a extra memory card.

Reaction score
It took me about 15 minutes to figure out Fishin' is a Gemini. Don't let him kid ya. He has some very nice waterlilies. A pleasant change to have another pond nut close by. I enjoyed the visit.

Dan

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I'm going to have to get you over to see the koi at night! Maybe I can figure out a night I have few night bloomers opened up, The fish show up so much better once it gets dark and the lights come on! The wildlife gets even wilder than it was today.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Yep that's right those skeeters carry the virus that can kill ya but I think I might worry a bit about a 6' gator eating my pets or me also living right next to my house :(

A friend of mine, in arizona, one bite by a skeeter (while working on her pond), ended up in icu for 3 weeks..........brain swelling, coma,they managed to save her, but she had to resign from work. Too weak to work and mental confusion.

They scare me!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's horrible addy..........I try to make sure there is not standing water around here that is not covered by a screen or has fish in it. Don't like getting bit by those buggers or perchance getting a virus from them :squint:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah I keep standing water to a minimum. Always look for it.

Reaction score
My wife was a Eastern Equine Ecephalitis (EEE) victim in 1999. Five days in a coma. Very fortunate that my wife recovered almost completely. We think she was bitten in our front yard while we were digging our second pond. After a year recovery she was able to teach. She became politically active in a push to form an mosquito abatement district in the southern end of our parish. She served for five years on the Abatement District board. Take them maringouin seriously.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well, I got to go by and meet Dan today. was really neet seeing all the different Lily's. Of course they weren't all blooming but the ones that were were really beautiful. Dan will have to identify them. Enjoyed the visit and look forward to a return visit when some of the others are blooming.

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 205

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Here are a few more, check out the last two pics! Same plant! One was taken from one angle the other from the opposite direction to the sun, I thought these two photos were really neat!

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg