Hello

Reaction score
Hello
I am Nick, I live in Scottsdale AZ have been reading this forum for a few months now thought I should say hi and that this is a great forum!

I have about a 600 gallon pond with a 200 gallon stream in development.

I adopted 5 adult red eared sliders (3 female, 2 male) from the Phoenix Herpatological Society, they are a hoot! I have 2 plecos about 12 in each, one Koi named "Speedy" who is growing fast (went from 4 inches to 10 this year). He is the only Koi the turtles hadnt made their dinner yet :/

My pond mostly consists of Cattails and Hyencith for plants. Upon completion of my stream I plan to add more aquatic plants and fish (will be blocked off so the turtles cant enter it)

My friend and I dug the entire thing, it is 40 inches deep in the main part. I used EPDM liner throughout. I will have pictures this October I will be excited to share....it really integrates into my lawn well!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forums :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome, glad you made it deep, it will help you keep it cooler. (i am a ex phoenix gal)
Enjoy the build

Ask a Question