Help in adding lights to pond this season

Reaction score
So this will be the first full season with my new pond and like everyone says, always want to keep changing/adding things. Since the area is quite restricted, can't really make bigger, so instead plan to add some lighting to the pond. Once it gets dark, really loses alot of the effect. So I am thinking of a small light on each side shelf pointing at the waterfall on the opposite end.

Pond-33.jpg

My question is, what are some decent lights to look at for this?

Thanks.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you dont need to go too fancy or strong with a pond that size Harbor freight caries some real cheap, they come with a selection of colored lenses too. but Lowes, Home depot or any big box hardware will have some. i have sunterras from Lowes and im happy with em.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
you dont need to go too fancy or strong with a pond that size Harbor freight caries some real cheap, they come with a selection of colored lenses too. but Lowes, Home depot or any big box hardware will have some. i have sunterras from Lowes and im happy with em.

Thanks for the tip koiguy!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I need to do a little replacement lighting my self this year
I have one light in a tree shining down above the pond it brings out all the hard scape
It adds alot

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep just get the cheapo ones.....I got mine at Lowes several yrs ago and they were meant for either underwater or out. I had them in the water at first but when I had to drag them out to change the bulbs I decided to put them around the outside up out of the water and they look just fine tucked in between some rocks :rolleyes:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh I forgot to mention what a pretty pond you have and right next to my favorite thing in the whole wide world.....................the swimming pool that I can't have here cuz DH says it's not warm enough here in the summer...........boo hoo to poor little ole me
violin.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
if you get the LED ones you'll likely never have one quit.

Next time I have to replace lights I will get the LED ones for sure :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Ok, so I picked up a 3 light set from lowes, but had some issues. There was not enough cord between the 3 lights to reach where I wanted to put the lights. So looking online for something that meets my needs.

I want to obviously light of my waterfalls, so should I put a light in front of each waterfall on the bottom of the pond pointing up or try to put one on each shelf (on each side) pointing at each waterfall?

Any other suggestions on what lights? Want to get LEDs and assume I only need 10w ones for my pond size.

Reaction score
Oh and one other question and probably pretty stupid... I see all the descriptions for the ponds listing that they have magnetic bottoms and also screws. How would one utilize either of those in a pond with them submersible? am I missing something?

Reaction score
I found a good deal at Home Depot. It was a 10 landscape light kit (not solar, the wired kind with the 12 volt transformer) it came with the transformer, the 10 landscape lights, 50 foot of cable and the transformer had a photo eye on it with 2, 4, or 6 hour switchable "ON" time. The kit was 34 bucks.

The transformer was able to do 40 watts and each landscape light was 4 watts, so I only put up 7 landscape lights and found 3- 4watt spotlight lights with stakes for 4 bucks each in the same section (not for in water) I placed the lights inbetween some rocks and it looks perfect, not too bright.

If you buy just the transformer they wanted 40 bucks for it alone, 15 bucks for the 50 foot cable, and 4 bucks a shot for the lights.

I dont have enough posts to post a link but.. if you go to Thehomedepot dot com and type in this number in the search, it will come up>>>>EL0262BK

Good Luck

Ask a Question