Im going to need some help with this!

karlskoifarm

Koi farmer
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Im going to do something really cool but I need help from people who know more about raising koi, especially high quality koi than I do (This is where you guys come in!):D I am going to be raising competition level koi with the help of cameras and artificial intelligence to track, monitor and show over the internet. This way I will be able to show the fish in a 3D model as well as have recordings of the fishes entire life! By doing this I will also be able to track the genetics, the evolution of their color and patterns as well as be able to predict which fish have the ability to become competition level fish. My technology can also be able to spot any potential illnesses or injuries as well as give an automatic rating based on its attributes. This way when selling my fish online, you know exactly what the fish is like, its medical record as well as its parent genetics. I have so many more ideas about this! I am hoping for some help to plug any potential holes in this idea as well as giving feed back and help me along the way! Any comments, questions or advice are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!

karlskoifarm

Koi farmer
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Well, I'll start. What's your experience with raising koi?

Ive raised fish for a few years now but Im starting this project with koi. Ive raised two koi from around 8 months to 2 years. Although I figured they would be better candidates for this compared to African chiclids that ive been raising from birth. Im not a novice nor am I an expert. I know some but not enought.

Thanks for your feed back!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll be honest with you - although there are some here who keep "high quality" koi, I think you'll find most of us are garden pond keepers (hence the forum title: Garden Pond Forum ;)). People who raise high value koi don't generally do so in a garden pond. While we would surely be interested hearing about your project, you may have better luck getting technical advice on a dedicated koi forum.

karlskoifarm

Koi farmer
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Haha yeah I kind of felt that would be the case! I am also looking at selling higher quality koi for the average garden pond price! But I would love to hear your feed back in the future once i am further along in this process. Ill be sure to check that out thanks for your advice!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@karlskoifarm

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

I don't do koi, just shubunkins and goldfish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'll be honest with you - although there are some here who keep "high quality" koi, I think you'll find most of us are garden pond keepers (hence the forum title: Garden Pond Forum ;)). People who raise high value koi don't generally do so in a garden pond. While we would surely be interested hearing about your project, you may have better luck getting technical advice on a dedicated koi forum.
Although I'm always happy to see new members, I have to agree with @Lisak1 on this! I too have been raising koi successfully for 16yrs, but not the high quality show koi you're interested in.

karlskoifarm

Koi farmer
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I appreciate all the feed back! Wish you all the best in your ponding futures!

Ask a Question