Help injured fish/ going out of town

Reaction score
Help! I have a4 inch blackmoore that was sucked into the inlet of the pump. He was only caught for under a minute but he has the tissue torn around the swim bladder. I can see the internal organ but there is no blood or redness. He is still alive 2 hours later. He can sit upright but is spending most of the time on his injured side. Other than that he seems fine.
I have him pulled from the main tank an in a 1 gallon jar until I can decide if I should try to save him. I hate to put him down because of his age and size but don't want him to suffer.
I have to go out of state on Friday and don't have anyone that can keep a close eye on him. My pond fish have stopped eating for the fall. The big tank is running about 62-65 degrees so I'm not worried too much about them.
What do I do with him???????? I do have a 10 gallon tank that I could setup as Qtank. What if any meds would you add? I'm thinking of using 1 tbsp salt and a heater maybe melafix. If I raise the temp will he be ok if I don't have anyone to feed him?
Or would t be better to use clove oil and put him down? Ive had other fish recover from filter injuries but I can't keep a close eye on him so wondering what to do.
Thanks guys, Gail

Ask a Question