Help please - uv clarifier

Reaction score
Yes, I do have a bio filter - but I don't think that's the problem. Didn't think it might be hard to give the fish away, but hopefully there will be no babies this year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Laura, very pretty pond! Too bad you live so far away, as I just filled my first ever pond 2 weeks ago, and planning to add my first "test" fish this coming weekend! I had green water (actually allowed it to go that way on purpose, since water was straight from well) and now it is clearing up, although not clear enough to see to the bottom (4'), so was also thinking about a UV light. Thanks for your post. I also learned from it. :) Good luck in relocating your fish. Try an ad on CraigsList in your area, might get them sold and have the money to purchase a new UV light.
Fishin, care to share which light bulb is the cheapest to replace? I would love to know this info as well. I'm like Laura, I read and get confused, sometimes it's so much easier to get the "real" info from others "in the know". Thanks!

Reaction score
I wound up buying a 40 watt UV clarifier - just got it so will try to install it tomorrow. The pond water is still pretty bad, so I'm hoping this will do the trick.

I just ran into someone today who has a family member with 2 big ponds, so he's going to ask him if he wants some more fish - so hopefully that will work out, especially being that one of my fish looks pregnant!

Ask a Question