Help with pond filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Cheers. Yeh I meant would it be in the water :D

It's all looking ok and clear so I won't go messing with it. They mentioned leaving a new pump so I'm sure I'll have a question when it comes to changing it.

Cheers everyone
Oh, ok, that's a new pump in that box. I wasn't sure what you meant. I thought the box was empty. I hope I didn't insult your intelligence. I just wanted to make sure someone new at this hobby had a full grasp on how these things worked.
But, that's great! Obviously a spare pump is good to have on hand, plus those things can be quite expensive.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Me again.

How long is it ok to have the filter off? If at all. One of the pipes has come loose and even tho I've done what i can to put it back, it is leaking slightly. If it comes apart when I'm not here, all the water will be pumped onto the grass and not into the pond, so it'll empty pretty quickly :confused:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@drew22d can you stick an aerator in the pond to add movement and give some air? Or if you have to, take a garden hose and let new water in while old water flows out of pond now and then. Make sure to add dechlor if needed. Kinda gives a bit of a refresh while you wait for the pipe fix.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. It seems ok other than a slight leak. Would it cause harm if the filter was off for lets say 8 hours, but then back on for 2?

Amazon's clamps look pretty flimsy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't think it would hurt at all to do that. I've had mine off for longer than that.

Ask a Question