Here is a goofy question

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You need David Attenborough to come narrate all the drama in your pond! :)
Yep..... Probably need him.....I must confess to you and any other's that read my post..... In real life I am the ultimate introvert....but online I am the opposite.... Since I started this pond Last July I have been obsessed with it.... So Sarah keeps trying to calm me down..... And she is right..... Things are coming together.... Even though we both made mistakes getting too many fish too quick..... But if I get to being too much of a "Chatty Cathy".... Somebody just tell me to shut up and I will.... Lol Jimmy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The best thing about this forum is that we are all a little obsessed with our ponds and fish and plants -- and turtles and frogs!
It really should be considered a public service for all of our spouses. Think how much they'd have to listen to if we didn't have each other!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The best thing about this forum is that we are all a little obsessed with our ponds and fish and plants -- and turtles and frogs!
It really should be considered a public service for all of our spouses. Think how much they'd have to listen to if we didn't have each other!!!!!!
Oh my god Sarah is a saint.... Two weeks ago I decided on a every other day feeding to try to get everything working.... We were sitting by the pond this afternoon having coffee and I had six Koi lined up side by side staring at me perfectly still..... All she said..... You know today is not feeding day..... Enough said

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmmm.... My hubby still has to listen to my "I heard about this or that that I want to try or upgrade on GPF..." stories or my latest turtle news [like, who was out today]. LOL! I love him to death, but I can tell when I see his eyes glaze over that it's time to stop talking and log in.....

@Jimmy Gibson Not exactly sure what it means.....but I'm an extroverted introvert.... Welcome to the "Introvert Club!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Last year one of my koi spawned in my skimmer. Fortunately she was fine, think she might have been hiding :) You'll be able to see the eggs, they're kind of clear to light yellow, translucent and stick to EVERYTHING !

BTW, this year I'm going to make a "koi catcher" I saw on line, to prevent them from swimming into the skimmer. It's made of PVC.
thats exciting koi spawn , did u have fry?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
lol true
once my neighbor saw me talking with my fish lol it was funy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
thats exciting koi spawn , did u have fry?
When I see my koi getting ready to spawn, I don't feed them......I want them to eat the eggs. When I've had fry, I give them away....put it's a real PITA to catch them !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi bagsmom, This may have been covered already put the males push on the females when they catch them. This forces eggs out. Then the males typically fertilize the eggs. Sometimes you can see shinny eggs that have been fertiized versus the dull ones that have not been. You may see some foam in the pond in the morning from the males. The more stuff in your pond like plants etc help the eggs and fry survive by providing places to hide. As someone mentioned if you don't feed your fish a lot you will have fewer baby fish. I have had over 50 baby fish in my pond the last 5 years without any help from me. The biggest fish in my pond were all born there.

Ask a Question