Here we go...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Rebel, if it looked like it was loading and then taking a long time, just walk away from your computer. Mine takes sometimes 15 minutes to load. Once it's loaded, it's fast, though. Good luck!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ok I've tried 4 times now to upload this video...I don't think it worked yet and have let it load for over 20 mins...yet I dont see it on this thread...ugh

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think sometimes they are really busy and it might take forever. Like CE says just go do something for an hour and then see what happens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Did you load it first on YouTube? That seems to be the easiest way. Get an YouTube account, load it on there. You can make it closed, so no one can see it, or public. Then once you are on the video, copy the url and post the copy of the url here. That will lead us to the YouTube video. I tried to direct load a video here, and it didn't work. Had to do the YT thing. Good luck!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Rebel I also had tried and tried to load a video on here. Finally was able to do so through YouTube. Koiguy and JW posted great instructions on how to!!!

H

humbirdlover

Pondlover, i love your pond! I finally got all the way thru the thread, and enjoyed every page. I admire your patience, and your hubby's :) Hope you have time soon to post some updated pics, would love to see them. How's the bog doing?

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thank you so much.It was alot of work but worth it! I think everyone needs a pond.
I really love my pond and am so glad that we decided to add a bog. It was not in the original plans, after reading so many different threads on this forum, it was a huge plus!! My plants have done great and we've had crystal clear water since the pond cycled. Here are a few recent pics. I tried to get some pics of my baby Koi, but the silly things won't be still long enough. The little orange one and the two baby butterfly are in the upper part of the photo. I'm fairly sure that 2 of the 3 are butterfly. I've tried to get a nice shot at night, but just haven't been successful... yet.
I really need to post pics in the gallery. :>)
photo.JPG 134.JPG 154.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful, PL! Your hyacinth basket looks like it's above the water, it's soooo clear! Congrats! Thanks for sharing more pics. You need to take more from all around the pond, showing that deck that is next to the pond, too, and all the landscaping you did around the pond, too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix PL and looks like a nice place to sit on that bench and dream away the days :razz:

H

humbirdlover

Beautiful! PL..those grasses are perfect there. And yes more pics please, LOL OK, I'm convinced for sure to put in a bog. Between Addy, you and a few others, I think it's the right move. I have an existing 450 gal pond now, but I think there might be enough room to build one where the lily bed is. Wish it was Spring instead of getting colder :( I want ot start digging...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So start digging HBL! It can't be that cold there yet can it? Sissy always talks like it is quite tropical there in Virginia,lol! Give you something to do while waiting for the real winter to set in :goodnight:

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I agree with JW. Start digging!! We started ours in January. Although it was cold it was so much easier than it being summer!! Addy's bog was a huge reason for our adding one! I'm going to have to divide the grass an would be happy to share.

H

humbirdlover

Some places around here had frost this morning, Brrr. It's not the digging that's making me hold off. I would hardly get it up and running, til I'd have to shut the pump down? there's about 6 daylilies that need moving, plus liner and pea gravel to get. I think hubby prolly has enough 2" pvc. It would only have to be about 3' x 6' if my math is right? That would be 30% of my surface? Pond is 7' x 8' = 56 sq ft x 30% = 16 sq ft..I'm terrible with math, is that right? Another question. I have two 3/4 tubing coming from my pump. so that means one of those has to adapt up to 2" ?

Ask a Question