hey guys new to the forums

Reaction score
Hello guys so i dont kno much about pond building but im pretty handy. im moving homes and my new house wont have a koi pond. so i have a quick question would i be able to build the pond out of wood and then cement it all around? please let me know your thoughts.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
why not use retaining wall block as the saying goes 2 birds 1 stone .Thats how I did mine .The inside wall the liner is over is concrete block and I drove rebar and packed it with dirt and then just layed the liner over it and tucked it down and put up the retaining wall block and then back filled between the 2 with dirt and sand mixture

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got the bigger concrete block and since we hahe heavy clay soil I packed down the top of the dug out pond and then put the concrete block on top of that drove a piece of rebar I got from lowes and drove it down the center of each block hole and then filled up each concrete block hole with the clay dirt and then built the retaining wall block around the outside of that wall put the liner in leaving it hang over the concrete block and backfilled it with dirt

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used a top board on the concrete block and on the outside edge of the top board .I screwed the side board to the top board

Reaction score
so i have a quick question would i be able to build the pond out of wood and then cement it all around? please let me know your thoughts.
Absolutely you can.

How long the pond lasts depends on a lot of things. I've built ponds with wood and also with concrete block.
from_lemon5.jpg

Thought wood would be easier, cheaper and faster. Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Ask a Question