Hi and hope you can offer some advice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Many thanks I have watched the video and here are my issues, we are in Malaysia and yup we have very few people with knowledge and extertise, we also have next to no where to buy all the stuff required except to order from US or UK where it is possible to get all of these things in order to follow this video. So we are sort of stuck, yes we have 3x3inch pipes from the 2 submersible pumps, one goes direct into the pond just in front of the filter box and pushes water up along the right hand side of the pond back up towards the waterfall. The other pump splits into two one goes to the waterfall and one enters under the last waterfall pushing back down the other (left) side so this makes an anti clockwise flow from the filter looking to the other end. This then in theory pushes the water and dirt back to the filter box.
Also yes you are correct we have a step and in some places two steps in around the sides that go about 1-1.5 feet deep. I would like to have more planted areas and I really don't want to spend my days continually cleaning the filter cloths.
Is there any pipes at the bottom of these shelves ? if there ism't you'll want to get them in there pump the water to the bottom of the shelves all around the pond. so the water from the pump is pushed to the bottom of the shelf and the water is pushed through the gravel and plant fast growing plants in these shelves you'll be amazed what it can do

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for sharing this, so nice. OK so I did take some ideas from this. But my pond is deeper than the video plus someone quit rightly pointed out at the beginning of this thread that we basicly have a swimming pool for fish I need also to naturalizer this some how and also have an effective filtration system.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
your not following . yes its a swim pond with a shelf or two all the way around and i am trying to tell you if the shelf is a foot deep then you may have a simple solution. this is the guy i believe started the whole eco pond swim pond now . i know his air lift ponds failed it was not enough water ,movement, but change to pumped waters to the shelves and your in buisness

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Is there any pipes at the bottom of these shelves ? if there ism't you'll want to get them in there pump the water to the bottom of the shelves all around the pond. so the water from the pump is pushed to the bottom of the shelf and the water is pushed through the gravel and plant fast growing plants in these shelves you'll be amazed what it can do
The pipes are submerged around the perimeter of the outside of the pond not on the inside on the shelves.
Do I understand correctly that you are suggesting running pipes along the shelves and then have outlets that push water across the shelves?
Also I would need to put soil I guess to plant and what would stop the soil being washed back into the pond

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
your not following . yes its a swim pond with a shelf or two all the way around and i am trying to tell you if the shelf is a foot deep then you may have a simple solution
I am trying to get this but I guess am a bit thick (sorry) I am not sure I truely understand so sorry.

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
20210610_100441.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
no no soils only rock the fish provide the fertilizer with there waste and the green algae is turned to food for plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ok not what we were hoping for BUT

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IF YOU WERE TO BUILD A BLOCK WALL FROM THE LOWER SHELF UP to a few inches from the surface remove all those rock you have and place a grid with pvc pipe with holes in it place pea gravel or any type or round river rock you can get your hands on 3/4 or less
dd.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
no worries we will get you there

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bogs can be built in just about any shape or size depth is even debatable . BUt all i can say is those who have the bog here on this site myself included love them

Ask a Question