Hi everyone,

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Maggie moo Another suggestion, since this is your “introduction” thread, why not start a new thread about your fish deaths (but leave out the He factor). Any helpful info we give you in this particular thread is going to get lost, so I think a new thread will be more helpful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Water change 30 % imediately and 30%in two weeks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Maggie moo Did you ever test your water? What were the results?
maybe she's cow-ering with the results and don't wanna tell us! Udderly ridiculous! I know, I know, milking this for all I can, hey Mmathis?? But, I'm on the horns of s a dilemma, here, so hope it's okay if my post here goes past-yur-eyes!

:cool::p:eek::oops::rolleyes:;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
most test kits are for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, KH, phosphorus. If any of these are out of whack, it will usually affect your fish. And depending on how much water movement+fish load+water temp, you may also have an O2 depletion but you'd know that if you see your fish at the surface gasping, which isn't a behaviour you're reporting. Remember; LIQUID test kit under a year new/unopened so you don't get false numbers. And if you do and report back, have the NUMBERS, not 'the params are all normal/within spec' as this doesn't tell us as much as the numbers. MOST people with problems with their fish are from water params that are out of whack or some chem got in by mistake (sometimes NOT by mistake ala algaecides--which we DON'T recommend you use--there's better ways!) Let us know and we'll see if anything is obvious or further testing. Include fish type/size/quantity and pond gallonage/dimensions incl depth, whether you have waterfall/aerator and basics of your filtration. A lot can be figured out by that info! And some indepth watching of the fish behavior; I'm a firm believer that if you watch your fish regularly, you'll know something's wrong well before bad stuff takes it's toll, though looks like that might be a bit late now, sorry to say!

edit; do you add dechlor when you add water? Do you need to (i.e. are you on a well?)?
Those fish can't have injested helium coz their not floating around the surface heh heh, hope you're not over feeding Maggie, in these frost free times, can't wait to hear your perameters, I bet my bio loads are rising, all the bird visitors are escalating, and I've only a small pond, didn't want to water charge as concerned that might kill off the string algea that may incourage frogs to spawn

Ask a Question