addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can see the sketch now, what I meant I hoped you understood what I was trying to say lol. Just make sure no rain run off can run under your new liner or between your old preform and the new liner. Most likely it will work, if it doesn't different plans can be made.

Reaction score
hi there ponderosa, you really do need to make sure rain doesnt get down into the preform, especially considering how much rain we get here in cumbria ! ime in whitehaven myself, the safest bet would be to raise the preform ! if the decking was fitted corrrectlt it should only be screwed down and wouldnt take much work to lift a few boards and reinstall once pond is sorted, if you really dont want to do that then you need to make sure no runoff is going to get in, maybe a barrier from the outside of the preform over the sand bag and then the pond liner over the top, as for the shallow end the sand bags definatly need to be under the liner,
oh and welcome to the forum

ps i know you said the small koi was taken by birds but them with 10 goldies is a lot of fish for a small size pond like yours, my pond is 10ft x 8 ft and i only have 10 goldies/shubunkins/comets, in there !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
BabyDragon2.gif
Ponderosa

Ask a Question