j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think pretty much everyone is warmer than me now. Guess we are having global cooling here,lol! We do have some sun coming through right now and it feels so good on my shoulder. Lots of clouds out there tho so the sun keeps popping in and out. 40F here right now and a bit windy still. Rain on the way..................why wouldn't it be?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
70 here, 13 degrees cooler than yesterday..........yeah! tulips coming up and blooming, daffodils all blooming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, I have to wonder if you will get warmer weather when it SHOULD arrive, and if those of us who are experiencing May weather in mid-March are either going to see a hard frost to kill all the blooms, or worse, have 120 degree weather in August! That's what I'm most worried about. And, the fact they keep calling for rain, and we have not had any for a while (Addy is mentioning the same thing), I worry about a very dry year coming up. This time last year my pond was overflowing and there were huge bullfrogs ... or was that in May when the pond was overflowing! Yep, it was May, so there is still hope.
Farmers around here are in the fields tilling. Unbelievable!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It is an unusual early spring here alright...daffadils in bloom trees budding out and the water in my pond is 60 degree's today ( I just filled it yesterday). Big storms suppose to be tomorrow around here...just hope it's not like they have been having down south...15 day forcast for here is above normal..peanut butter fog yesterday too in the morning and we've been in the lower 80's the last 3 days. Heard frogs the night before and found worms while digging for the power line in the pond. Yup wondering what summer will bring here also.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CE sometimes we are lucky if we get any nice Spring weather at all and last Summer was a real bummer to say the least. It rained and rained and rained! We are lucky tho in that we can take off now if we want cuz DH is retired so we are free souls on the run looking for fun!

keglep.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well if the rain follows you when you travel, you are welcome to come here jw! My wildflowers won't bloom if they don't get some rain, they had issues last year too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We got a nice thunderstorm and shower here, didn't last very long though. My neighbor said he got 450 acres tilled and anhydrous put into the ground yesterday and today! I thought maybe they planted corn, but he said, "Nope, we're smarter than that." He figures a frost still this month. My Red Bud trees are starting to flower, and the other Flowering Crab trees are budding out as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks addy and ya never know we might meander our way back that way sometime and if so I'll give ya a shout. If I could send ya some of our wet stuff I would but it won't stay put in the box from the P.O!

CE we are supposed to get down in the 20's tonight so I had to go out and cover my palm trees again! Every time it gets real cold I have to do that or I might lose them. A couple are hardy but they are still pretty young and when they get bigger I won't have to do all this rig a ma roll stuff thank goodness!

loveirish.gif

Reaction score
38 degrees outside right now. Snow was all gone in our yard but it snowed yesterday so we have about an inch. :sad: Nothing starting to bud here yet.

Reaction score
Tonight the bottom of my pond was 35 degrees, What water temp does everybody else start there ponds at? I don't want to freeze them out. They are still laying on the bottom of the pond and not moving much .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't start mine up until my pond temp got up into the high 40's/50's and stayed there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
MT, some people keep their pumps and waterfalls, etc. running all winter long. If the air temperature is warmer and you have a waterfall, then you will actually warm it up if you turn it on during the day, at least I would think that would work. I know when I turned my pumps on (when I finally got everything leakproofed, LOL) it was probably in the 50's outside, and the water temp raised considerably by the following day. I doubt it will make the water colder unless the air temp is colder. Also, you could run everything during the day to warm it up, turn it off if the night temps got cold again. Good luck!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine's been running 24/7 all year w/o turning off but then we did not get that cold this year as the last two yrs.

Ask a Question