Hi... new here with a broken pump & other issues

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have my pond built for couple of months now but due to lack of planning and time, my pond doesn't turn out as good as I expected. I have the following issues:

1) My pump quits working.

My landscaper installed this Savio kit in my yard and the pump is quitting on me. The motor works but water stops pumping out. I have contacted Savio and they told me how to return it for a warranty check. Have anyone had experience with Savio here? I think the impeller is bad or worn out, I really wish they are able to repair it instead because I know the motor is still good.

2) My kois are disappearing too...

I had 6 in the begining and now have 1 left. I found no skeletons or skin in my pond so I assume the bird had taken them for their meals (since I live by the hills....) I should have installed a net... but didn't like how it looks... but I guess I will have no option.

3) It turns into an algae farm
The water turns green in just couple days after changing the water. My pond is very small relatively, like a 6 feet diameter circle with may be 3' deep. I think the filter/ media inside the Savio skimmer is not big enough to handle the algae and stuffs.... for this part, I am really stuck because I don't know what to do to improve it besides adding an UV light unit (and they are expensive.... )

I might open another thread in the newbie page regarding my problems.

Anyway, glad to be here and I am looking forward to learn from all the experienced guys here!

Thank you.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you are in So Cal you are near Escondido. Come by and see my ponds and I will help you with these problems. Single cell algae is not a problem if you have everything balanced in your pond. As for the predators, i can show you what I have done and that eliminated the bird and raccoon raids.

Reaction score
First never change your water completely because it will knock out or kill the fish. Buy some pond tablets at your local store. Second thing is your fish are dissapearing but you dont want a net well im kinda like you on that it looks like crap so string fishing line from one tree to another but make sure there are no gaps biggger than
4-5ft you wont even be able to see it and neither will the birds. The birds wings will hit this and it scares the crap out of them ive seen it happen. hope all goes well have any other questions email me or message me. ~marino~

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
DrDave is one of our moderators, with more experience in ponds than I've been alive. Since he offered, I'd say go see him asap, I'm sure he'll get you on the road to success.

Ask a Question