Hi new member

Reaction score
Hi I have a pond about 5ft x 5ft and 3ft deep. 2 lilly`s,monkey flower,iris,creeping jenny,5 comets and tad poles.I wanted a rock waterfall but did not have the space so I used a flower pot instead.It has a 1200 gph pump in a filter box on the bottom and keeps the pond real clear.I had a pond at my old house so I learned by trial and error.It was fun learning from my mistakes.I just put a underwater light in and it looks great! I am building a skippy filter for it that I saw on here.This site has a lot of info and nice ponds,keep the info coming and Happy water gardening!!

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 184

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and love the pot with water coming out .OK have to ask what is a monkey flower :cheerful:

Reaction score
a monkey flower gets about 3ft tall and has little flowers on it. I found the name on this site so i went to my pond store and got one.Thanks for the welcoming

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked it up and it grows great n ponds and bogs .It says it is named that because of the colors and the funny faced flowers .Gonna have to look for it ,Thank you .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It only grows from seed each year but still want it because it said it is easy to grow .

Reaction score
sissy my monkey flower came back from last year no flowers yet

It only grows from seed each year but still want it because it said it is easy to grow .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I called my garen center and they have them so gonna stop by monday since i have to take dog treats and dog food to my local animal shelter .I have some old towels and sheets for them also for the pets to lay on .

Reaction score
Hello hello! And WELCOME! :wave:
Love your pond! I have a pot on top of my falls too!!! ( Little hint put Lava Rock in it and kind of spred it flat with a dip in the middle, not much, just enough for a tiny puddle ( or you could use pea gravel too). And the birds will use it for baths! I have robins and cardinals that drink out of mine and bathe in there regularly. Lol some times there is even a Line!! :LOL: ha!

Ask a Question