Hiding flexible pipe/hose and filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
51P3PA3EnpL._AC_.jpg

I have one of these, but I am not sure entirely on how to hide it and blend it in with the background, currently the filter & the hose are visible with no any kind of camouflaging. Not in a hurry to camouflage it, as it doesn't look all that bad.

Would one put the pipe under the gravel in the pond? It seems the best way but I am not sure, that would require I think more of flexible hose than this or perhaps to be longer, this isn't as flexible as it is proclaimed to be. To give an idea of what it looks like at the moment heres an awful sketch

Untitled.png

I am just looking for some ideas, on what to do to hide the filter, and this pipe. Where the filter is I am thinking perhaps to get a larger stone, or so that at the very least you can't see the entire filter, ideally I'd want to hide it all but I am not sure how to do it.

I forgot to say, the filter box is not yet in the ground, it sits on top, once I have a plan I'll be burying it a little bit so it's only sticking out a bit, plants should cover that nicely, or some stone work should do it. I just need some advice on the hose which I am not sure how to deal with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pipe your showing is called kink free, it should be called limited life span. Flex pvc is very similar and 5 times the product for not that much more. It however is even less flexible. But if you can warm it up it can be worked much easier.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Tried hiding the flow through filter today, did not go well at all, dug a hole, leveled it., but ended up making it too low so the water would leak, and then I just ended up putting some bricks where I dug the hole so that it doesn't leak... back to square one so I effectively did nothing. All I did was muddy myself and the water. Situation that makes you want to go nuts...

I am thinking that I probably should get some sort of hose/pipe attached to the outflow, or some smaller pipe that would allow the water to go into the pond, not on the liner where it'd flow out. It was extremely tricky to get the filter so close to the liner that it would not end up flowing or splashing out, like impossible. Right now it's as before, it's above the liner so it does not leak/splash water out of the pond.

Ask a Question