sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
bottled water and why do you think some call there water by the names they pick it is a joke on all the people who buy it deer pee and bear pee are the big sellers and when they did test on them on 20/20 and other shows look what they found .Wish I could say that Haro as i thought moving south I could grow more veggies but NO It is just a longer growing season ,to hot and dry for most veggies .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We don't do bottled water, nothing tastes better than our well water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
uh oh must have a little extra kick if you are saying that .I had a friend who lived in Hawaii and he would send me some of the kona coffee he grew and now has sold and moved here to VA .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I am afraid I'M a coffaholic ,Is there life before coffee,not at my house ,pot on 24-7,Why would anybody make a move like that?no offence!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
To expensive to live there his house was paid for but the hassle and storms and insurance was killing him .Storm insurance was over 20 thousand a year and the closer you got to the water the higher and everything needs replaced appliance wise every couple of years because it rusts or corrodes from salt in the air and moisture .Add on utilities a month of almost 800 dollars and more and then add in constant work on the home .Hot water heaters cost a small penny as everything has to be shipped over there and costs 4 times or more than what we pay here .His fridge and stove and dishwasher ,just cheaper GE cost him 10 thousand dollars .It all starts to add up when you are retired .Paradise cost mega bucks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am lucky my electric bill is usually around 100 dollars a month ,but I did use all energy wise products .All tv's are LED and all my lights are LED amazing what happened to my electric bill when i went to LED from cfl bulbs .Funny thing is utilities keep raising there rates so it does go up any ways .They got you and they know it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We get our electric bill every 2 months and it was $176. for those 2 months this time. Not bad but could be better if DH would turn the lights off when he leaves a room. I am the light brigade gestapo of our house. I'm always going around after him turning things off.......light, stove burners, etc. He doesn't like it when I tell him he left this or that on. He just says well turn them off then. He will always leave them on till the end of time and I will always turn them off.............just the way it will be and that's the way the ball bounces :boldblue: :lamp5:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know my heat pump is using alot of power but what can you do it is hot outside .I do have the house super insulated and i bought a few of those switches with the motion sensor in them ,no motion the light goes off after a few minutes .I like those if I get up at night and if I am just going to be in that room a little while .They don't work in daylight .

Reaction score
I put motion sensitive switches in our kitchen and dining room. They made a HUGE difference. I also put in a digital thermostat (timing controlled) to control heat/air. Big difference in usage. The ones that I bought for our kitchen and dining room work great in daylight.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can't put a controlled thermostat on my heat pump .They never work the way there supposed to on heat pumps but work great on traditional systems .Plus I am home most of the time so no biggy .I didn't want the motion sensing switches that turned them on night or day .The dogs would constantly set them off .I get some of my stuff from superbright led .com .This way I can set up my own system .My son used to get the lights from them for his show car and truck and harley .Thats how i found them but back then they used another .com and I lost it for awhile .I know some on here get from them .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I'd kiss somebody ,if my elec. bill was $176.00 per mo. were alwys over 300.00 pool ,hot tub ,pond ,etc.and thats not including my shop and garage.Funny how it works water dept. water shortage ,big campain to reduce usage ,everybody did ,revenue ,got short ,less water cost much more,only gov't can get away with that and the other monopolies Elec.,gas etc.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was for 2 months Colleen and I'd die if I had to pay $300. a month! Guess I will feel lucky now!

Reaction score
Dear wife decided to try a raised garden bed for veggies this year, so I built her a 4' x 24' bed. She got some of the leftover plants from the end of the season at the garden center where we work, but soon ran out of space, so she grabbed all the large containers she could find, filled them with soil, and planted the extras in them. So now we have about 50 assorted tomato plants, maybe 25 hot peppers, and a great assortment of pumpkins, watermelon, zuchini, squash, eggplants, and a bunch of other stuff we can't identify until the fruit ripens! One melon vine is already 20' across the lawn, and showing no signs of stopping any time soon. I told her I'll build a little stand, and she can sell the excess at the roadside!!
And yes, I can remember playing with mercury many a time. One teacher had some in a small bottle, and let everyone coat pennies with the stuff and TAKE THEM HOME!!! Those were good times. :zombie:
John

Ask a Question