HOW TO KEEP FROM HAVING HOSES, ETC. CLUTTERING BOTTOM OF POND

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How do you guys run/manage your various hoses & tubings so that there isn't a "network" of stuff laying across the bottom of the pond? It's very hard for me to scoop out the bottom-crud 'cause there's always a hose right where I want to scoop!

Last year, when we hooked it all up and turned on the power, we just left the hoses where they were with the idea that eventually we'd go back in and "neaten" things up. There's the one from the pump that is split to the SKIPPY [soon-to-be-bog] and to the "turtle bogs." Then there's the smaller tubing from the spitter pump, split between spitter and birdbath dripper. Eventually plan to add another pump [maybe for a TT] as well as add aeration via an air pump. HOSES, TUBINGS, AND CORDS, OH MY!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have one 1&1/2" hose that runs behind the plant ponts against the pond wall. my pump is located on the shelf just to the left of the filter / falls. that hose tees to the first and 2nd pump via 1&1/4" hoses. the 2nd pump sets on the shelf just to the right of the falls. one 1000gph pump, pumps thru the (bio)filter-falls, the other one (2150gph) is venturied and just dumps into the top of the filter (falls) for mechanical filtering, circulation and aeration.not to mention a 3150 gph waterfall. this one hose supplies both pumps via a large mechanical prefilter at its end.(opposite end of pond)

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Pipe connections to EPDM liners can be cheap and easy. Cut a round hole in the liner smaller then the pipe. Push the pipe through and clamp with a stainless steel screw type pipe clamp. I use a 2nd layer of EPDM over the first on the pipe to protect the liner and a 3rd to hide the clamp if it is inside the pond.

Play with a bit of scrap to size the hole prior to cutting the liner.

Ask a Question