How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like rain tomorrow. I went and got girls for the tractor $1.38 a gal. Unreal,
A tired mind does not do well with that statement !!!!!! had to read it three times

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A lot of restaurants near us started go fund me pages to help support their employees. One down the street already raised $9000 towards their $25,000 goal. Our favorite restaurant down the street is offering gift cards at a discount. I just bought a few larger denomination ones because I know we will use them over the next year and if helps them stay in business it's worth it. I think if people can afford to do this it will help restaurants and their employees a lot.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A lot of restaurants near us started go fund me pages to help support their employees. One down the street already raised $9000 towards their $25,000 goal. Our favorite restaurant down the street is offering gift cards at a discount. I just bought a few larger denomination ones because I know we will use them over the next year and if helps them stay in business it's worth it. I think if people can afford to do this it will help restaurants and their employees a lot.
Your OK !!!!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

We've done the same thing @CometKeith . I do feel for the restaurant industry - they operate on such small margins there just isn't much to keep them going if they aren't serving customers. We generally eat out a couple of times a week, so we are saving a money right now anyway. Not much of a sacrifice honestly.

Hotels in Chicago are all closed down - thousands of rooms with beds and bathrooms. And yet they're turning the McCormick Place into a temporary hospital. I don't know why they don't just lease the hotel spaces and use those to quarantine people if needed. Maybe I'm too simplistic in that thought process.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We've done the same thing @CometKeith . I do feel for the restaurant industry - they operate on such small margins there just isn't much to keep them going if they aren't serving customers. We generally eat out a couple of times a week, so we are saving a money right now anyway. Not much of a sacrifice honestly.
Lisa I agree. Bartenders and restaurant servers are generally independent contractors. There is not much in the Cares relief bill for independent contractors and government checks will not pay all their expenses. This is going to push a lot of people a lot more in debt. Their employers may not be much better off. I heard Cheesecake Factory Restaurants announced they are not paying April rent for any of their 200 locations. People are saying how Covid-19 is hurting the lowest people on the economic totem pole the most. Our daughter who works for a big tech company in San Francisco has been working from home the past three weeks and is still getting her paycheck whereas most blue collar workers can't really work from home at all and are suffering the most. I feel if the people who are doing okay can help in someway it will go a long way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
SAJ_4180.jpg
SAJ_4331.jpg
SAJ_4347.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There was two fighting when we went out the dogs spooked them. It's ok i got some great shots with only her a long exposure with a crisp live figure ....SCORE..

B

Burd

I was a tradesman my whole career. I was laid off once or twice a year. If not more. join the club.
times were great, it you didnt save any money, well.....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Burd I do think this may drive home the point to a whole new generation what our parents and grandparents already know - be prepared in case the worst happens. We aren't "preppers" by any means, but we've always kept the pantry full, and kept the house stocked with the necessities. We still haven't needed to buy any toilet paper... always have a supply on hand. Job loss, illness, natural disaster, even being able to help a family member or neighbor who may be in need... you just want to be ready.

B

Burd

Yes. and if you live check to check, you won’t when this is all over. Another buddy is panicing about a layoff
years ago, you would spend the whole day getting a check. Now you call in. Pc of cake now. Everyone is back to filling up the driveway with leases.

Maryjf

Mj
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Made my first trip out in 2 weeks. Needed a few things and decided to go and get things before it gets worse. Still no paper products but we are ok on that. No distilled water anywhere but tons of spring water! Doesn't make sense to me. Need distilled for hubbies C-PAP as well as our kitties. Our tap water is super hard and the bottled water we use has added minerals. 3 stores in our area announced they had an active case of the virus shopping there last week. Staying back home for next 2-4 weeks. Unfortunatly, since hubby is in medical field, he's back to work for next 7 days. They are renewing his paramedic license for next 2 years, no classes, fees. He had let them lapse since he's in dispatch.
If you have a dehumidifier- the water from that is distilled and you can use it, but I would clean the tank out with bleach, alcohol, or very hot water and soap first. Good luck!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you have a dehumidifier- the water from that is distilled and you can use it, but I would clean the tank out with bleach, alcohol, or very hot water and soap first. Good luck!
Never thought of that! I found distilled water finally at Dollar store.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Got ill feeling the other day, like a roiling,cramping feeling in my stomach, then the 3rd day I got really bad cramping and the big run to the toidy back yard trots. I thought what the heck! I looked online to see if this condition could be a symptom of the Covid thing. Well it turns out yes it can be to a small amount of people. It can be the first symptom for a few. So I called the hospital near us to ask them what they thought. They said come and take the test. So I did and that was awful! They stick this long white tube way up into your nasal cavity in both nostrils. Boy does that smart to say the least! Anyway, so I go home and the next day I get this really bad pain down on my left lower side. Right away now I know what it is. It's the darn Diverticulitis I get off and on but this time it did not present itself in the beginning as usual so I did not connect the dots. Last night I had a temp of 99.6 but that happens w/the D stuff and my normal is 97. I have not gotten the results back from the Covid test but now I know it will be negative. Said it will take 1 to 7 days to get the results. Now on broth and water for awhile. Feel better today but feeling stupid a bit. I guess better safe than sorry tho.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll be curious to see your results @j.w - they say a good percentage of people will test positive to COVID-19 with no symptoms at all.

Ask a Question