How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
An additional note to my post. As I said I have not had the flu in over 50 years and I have a pretty strong immune system from getting so sick from the flu once. With that said, after reading numerous article and the accounts of many testing positive For coronavirus and never feeing very bad. I believe I may have caught the coronavirus about a month ago. I awoke with a sore throat and a deep cough and just tired. A few days later I woke up soaking wet from sweating, never felt a fever. For the next week I was weak and would have breakfast and fall back asleep until noon.

I am finally over the deep cough. I though it might been simply the start of pollen season. Now that I rethink, the waking up soaking wet doesn’t fit. I feel fine now, but there is a good chance my immune system was fighting off a virus. Maybe coronavirus. My symptoms were like many how have tested positive and been tracked. I think we will end finding the wide majority of those infected will easily fight it off and the mortality rates of those really infected is low

.View attachment 126975

i still think my home made hand wash is the best option.....not to worry.
Thank you for posting that image, I had no idea you were talking about a drink....now I can finally stop the mental vision of me squeezing an actual gray goose to make my magic potion
smduh.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
It's refreshing to hear a little bit of humor. Thanks for that. (y)
Everyone needs to chill and be cautious of assumptions from people who don't know what they're talking about. Take it with a grain of salt. Stay home, heed all the government task force precautions. Rely on your own intuition instead of what some talking-head says on some so-called news station. No group think...your smarter than that. Be an individual with a mind of your own.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have said from the beginning that we NEED people to get COVID-19. The biggest issue (if you believe what all those in the know are saying) is that none of us have immunity to the virus. Unless we plan to hide from it forever, we need individuals to be exposed and develop immunity. The big issues are A. too many people who get too sick all at once and require hospital care and B. people dying because they aren't able to recover. We aren't a society that accepts death of even the oldest or sickest members.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nobody wants to be the one to get the virus to build up this herd immunity theory w/this virus tho. I don't want to get it. I don't want my family members to be the ones to try it out. Who is willing to do this? Any volunteers?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I have never heard of US hospitals having to set up extra emergency tents in parking lots before. Or hospitals running out of ventilators and protective gear. I think the idea that it is not as bad as the flu is because we haven't yet seen the final outcome. I don't want any of my elderly loved ones to die from this. Louisiana's hospitals are already overwhelmed. And many of the deaths lately have been from people in their 40s. My friend in NYC has lost 3 friends just this week. I'm staying home and enjoying the time with my family and the time in my yard. But don't take this lightly. It's a big deal. I'm praying for a vaccine to come sooner, rather than later.

B

Burd

I’m just staying busy, plenty to do on the house, I’m just glad it did t happen here in Dec or Jan, I noticed a sleve of masks at the shop, I gave a handful to gal that runs a hospice program, the nurses don’t have enough, and the rest are going to a EMS company.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
People are people no one thinks it can happen to them. state shut down no essentials but the streets are just as busy as ever the few stores that are open like Walmart are a zoo at the check outs and they reduced the hours to make it even tighter

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is quiet here, really notice the lack of airplanes coming into Baltimore and Dulles. Usually see planes all of the time, now almost none.
Hardly any road noise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No fun being confined to home the last 5 days, but I'm trying to do my part. I just looked at a chart that with a doubling time of coronavirus in the US at 2.47 days that it is projected we will go from the current 62,499 cases to 1,085,230 cases in the next 15 days if it stays at the same rate. The countries that are doing the best are slowing the doubling time to over 5 days. It seems like we all need to slow the transmission of this disease anyway we can... ie staying at home unless essential, but some people still don't get it. We have a family member that is "cheating" and my wife and I will probably not being seeing her and her family for a while... I'm in Illinois and we get an "A" rating by the GPS people by reducing our traveling by over 40% as measured by our cell phones. Yay for us! I just read the CARES act being passed by Congress. It looks like through the SBA I'll be reimbursed for 2.5 months of wages and benefits if I keep paying my employees the next two months whether they work or not. I already gave them an advance on their pay last week and am planning to pay them their full wages while they sit at home with the government's help. It looks like we will need to all hunker down for a bit to get through this and slow the spread of this disease. I never thought I could help save the country by watching Netflix while sitting on my living room couch!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm out here every night just got home I wish I could sit at the pond a few days I realy do

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I started this as a serious thread so we can help each other through this difficult time. I have never lived through a pandemic and hope to never see another one. It is predicted that over 100 million citizens in the US will get the virus if we can't slow it down. I can't begin to think how truly horrible that scenario will be and do not know if either myself or my loved ones will all make it through that. I think we can have a good discussion without bringing politics into the conversation. I think we all have strong political opinions... but that was not the purpose of this discussion or at least not how I intended it. Please do not bring politics into this discussion as I first requested. This is not a thread for Blue States or Red States but as Americans and other people throughout the world that are being affected and want to join in on the discussion
Thank you. Keith

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Never thought I would ever write this on this board, but here it is....I am a Reiki practitioner and I want to help so if anyone is interested in Free, long distance Reiki, just send me a private message
smhearts.gif
smhearts.gif
smhealing.gif
smhearts.gif
smhearts.gif

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
freedom of the press is one thing but when shulmer threatens supreme court justices. palosee wants 650 million for art center. Shift lies every time he opens his mouth when does the AMERICAN PEOPLE GET PISSED and say ENOUGH

Please, enough with the politics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Today I've felt anxious, but most days I keep a positive routine and am fine. My eldest daughter lives in NJ just outside NY and I worry about her. My youngest daughter has been furloughed from work w/o pay, but thankfully they're maintaining her health benefits.

We mailed our applications in today for primary absentee ballots....our primary in OH was supposed to have been March 17th. I think this is a smart move.

Yesterday we removed the winter cover from the pond :)

Ask a Question