How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There's so much speculation that this has been in the U.S. far longer than they think. There was so much travel to and from China during November and December (just like every other time of year) when this was already a problem there - it's hard to believe that it took until January for it to hit the states. I wish they would start doing immunity testing - just random sampling.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It would be interesting to know @Lisak1
I also think they should do some random testing at these drive thru restaurants they are allowing to stay open also. I do not feel safe going to a McDonalds where young people are working that could have not been keeping the correct distance from their friends.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Got the phone call and the test was negative, yay! Said to stay confined for 3 days if any symptoms were there at testing. I know it was Diverticulitis tho and it has some of the same symptoms. fever, diarrhea, chills etc. so all will be fine eventually w/plenty of fluids and no solid foods for a few days.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We finally broke down and went to Costco, they are doing a great job trying to protect the public. Two guys wiping down the cart with a new wipe before handing it to you. Pallets keeping two people walking in from being close. Workers going though doing a constant handle wipe down, other workers reminding you not to get to close. Check outs spread apart. Packages of wipes at the entrance to grab one, I took one and constantly wiped my hands. Actually wore gloves. Which were pulled off after we loaded the car.
All non food sitting in the garage for the next 3 days, food brought in and wiped down. Bags of fruit sitting outside for the next three days.
Nothing touched without gloves then after the wipe down hands stripped clean again.

Back to our self isolation!

'got a call from the farmers market manager, he told us right now to sale at a market you have to do 18 different steps. Don't recall all, but some are
1 person handles money, 1 person hands out product. All products out of reach of customers, if they buy something it is bagged and handed to them. No handing the bag back ie change of mind. A wash station out of reach of customers, a hand sanitizing station that can be reached, hard to do since there is none around.

I told him, unless there is a huge change we, most likely, will not sale honey this year. It is not worth our lives.

He said they are thinking of a) not opening until July, b) not opening at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll see if I can find the recipe for home made hand sanitizer, I recall it takes rubbing alcohol, aloe gel, and something else.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Seeing mixed results, 2 parts 99% rubbing alcohol to one part aloe gel, but it must be made in super clean bowl, with a super clean wisk, and tends to be runny.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hubby said Costco was doing a great job sanitizing, cleaning and organizing ! I'm feeling a little restless, like I want to get out !!! I'm desperate for some jelly beans, but I'm sure they're not considered essential !!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hubby said Costco was doing a great job sanitizing, cleaning and organizing ! I'm feeling a little restless, like I want to get out !!! I'm desperate for some jelly beans, but I'm sure they're not considered essential !!
They are and jelly beans are on sale!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got a phone call from my doctor today. I have several prescriptions that are due for refills but require blood work. We did a phone visit, was able to give her BP, pulse and weight and a rundown of whats going on. Good till October unless something happens. Their office is actually closed but there is someone there to take calls and if need be they will see patients. Trip to grocery store yesterday was a disaster! Seniors shopping hours- store jam packed with people getting together to chat. And MICE! Won't be going back to that store.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our doctors office is shut also. They called to tell us that they are, they will do phone consults. Our scripts can be renewed via CVS with minimal issue. Luckily hubby had labs done in Feb.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Wow 6 bags of salad! How do you make it last or do you guys eat it up fast? My hubby went out and bought me ice cream and graham crackers (love them w/butter)! I do really need some jelly beans tho.............oh well next trip :joyful:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I get the bagged already cut salad stuff they sale at Costco, the bags are dated but actually last for weeks after the sale by date. The ones that are kale , cabbage etc, not lettuce. They last beautifully! The spinach, lettuce stuff gets slimy real fast.

When I did a safari in Africa, they had a bunch of cabbage, made it into dinners, deserts, breakfast. That stuff does great lasting. And they did not have ice boxes.

I eat a huge salad for every lunch, hubby gets a bit smaller one, (don't tell him I cut the salad material up he is eating a lot more than he thinks!)

Ask a Question