sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
epdm is heavier and lasts longer than pvc and is a lot heavier .Lay epdm out in the sun to warm up and is easier to work with .I know dr foster and smith gave me free shipping but I think they usually charge 7.99 so you really have to factor that in

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pvc has a life of 8 to 10 years and sometimes can last longer but it is a guess if it will .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ok so I just re measured my pond at water level (which is pretty low) it's 28" deep. Adding about another foot and a half on all 4 sides to accommodate make it bigger it measures 10' x 17'. Because my water level looks about 4" low or so, I add 6' to that for the sides and came up with an actual pond area to cover of 16' x 23'

If I get a 20' x 25' liner do you think that will be good?
A little close on the length, but should be OK if your measurements are accurate.

Reaction score
When I first started this thing, I had a pvc liner. They tend to bet sun baked and start feeling brittle. I bought my empd liner off of ebay. On liners, it is ALWAYS better to buy more and have a bunch of extra instead of getting close. You can always bury your excess. That will also save you from buying landscaping fabric for around it. That is, assuming you do no chemicals in your yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi everyone!! Thought I'd post some pictures so you could all see the remodel. Man was that a lot of work!! As you'll see, edging is all that's left. If you have some suggestions as to how to get this as natural as possible I'd appreciate them. Also, as you'll see I. The pictures I have a TON of excess liner. How much excess should I leave when I trim it? It really has to be trimmed. I have it folded over a lot right now just so it was out of our way while we were working, but there is just way to much to try to hide it. This first picture is a finished pond edge with the look I'm trying to achieve the rest are my pond. Thank you all!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg