JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
fishin4cars said:
John I was thinking more like my ashes being spread out over the sea, although I Guess I wouldn't care if the fishes slowly nibbled me away by that point either. lol
It depends on if you want to be one with the fish or not.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
JohnHuff said:
I can just imagine Mrs. Larkin and Larkin Jrs. renting a dingy on a dark night, then furtively rowing out past the pier and pushing our dear Mod overboard with a rock tied to his feet. When people ask where he's gone, Mrs. Larkin will just cheerily say that he's gone out for a swim. But let me know, I'm up for some rowing on a dark night.
ROFLMAO Just make sure they do it in the very dark of the night, sure would hate to read in the paper about the Larkin family in handcuffs for pushing mr Mod overboard.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I'm sure we can find half a dozen or more people from this forum to help with the rowing and the pushing. I just hope our dear Mod will be considerate enough to let us know when this is going to happen so we can arrange time off. Maybe we can even plan in advance and arrange a date when our vacation times can all coincide so no one will be put out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Dr. John...... :toothy12:

I've had aquariums since before I was 10, plus lived on a boat for a year with the ocean under me. Loved it.
Now I have 2 salt and 2 freshwater aquariums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Just a few betta fish here. But been thinking of getting an aquarium.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a small aquarium with a couple of fish in it. Honestly I don't take care of it as much as I should. The pond is more my thing because of how it interacts with nature, while the aquarium is just water in a box.

I will tell a short story though.. When I was in second grade, I went to an after school science class where they gave everyone a goldfish. I loved mine because it was my first pet. I mean, I had a cat and dog, but the fish was actually mine. I had it on my nightstand next to my bed. It was such a cool thing to me at that age! haha.. :cheerful:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I didn't see anyone sharing any pics of their indoor tanks so thought I would share some pics of the ones I presently have.

Attachments

• DSC05788.JPG
    DSC05788.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC05789.JPG
    DSC05789.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC03864.JPG
    DSC03864.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC03023.JPG
    DSC03023.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 265
Reaction score
My grandparents gave me my first tank when I was around 10 it only held a gallon or two of water. That started my addiction, then I had fresh water tanks on and off for years. I have had saltwater now for over 30 years, currently all reef tanks. I have a 110 gallon, a 54 gallon, and two 29 gallons. Since I have started my pond which is a lot easier to maintain and pressure from hubby to get rid of some of my tanks since he is getting close to retirement and wants to start going where it's warm and sail, I will probably take down all of my tanks but one ;(.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Larkin, you must have a pretty good maintenance schedule.
Your tanks are very clean! :)

That third tank is interesting. It has a solid top...?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Mitch, Sunday afternoon is Fishtank/Nascar day. I turn on the races and do all my tanks while they are on. After the races I move outside to check on the ponds. The fluval 5 gal has a partial closed top, the opening for gas exchange is under the light. When the tank is full of water it is really cool to look down in the tank to view. I saw one set-up last year at Christmas and I feel in love with it, the wife picked this one up off of ebay for me for a birthday present and I have really enjoyed it. It's called a fluval edge and they come in a 6 gallon and 12 gallon size.

Ask a Question