How many have indoor tanks?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Ah, that's an Edge. I've heard people mention them before.
So I guess the heating comes from the lights?
Can that be regulated?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You have to buy the heater separately, The one for the edge is pre-set to maintain at 76 degrees, can not adjust. I'm using one and it keeps the water pretty stable, if you need more adjustment in temps I have heard of some people using a Marineland 10 watt submersible heater as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I miss my indoor tank. I had a planted 45 gallon tank loaded with tetras, corys, shrimp, and otto's. When we moved to our current house this year, my wife and I wanted an outdoor water feature and the thought of keeping up an aquarium and pond was not anything I wanted to do, or have the time for.

My youngest son was very upset when we got rid of the aquarium, so I set him up a small 1.5 gallon betta tank which he loves to watch. So hopefully he will get the fish bug when he get older.

Here is a pic of my old tank

April 15, 2006.JPG

Cory0.JPG

Reaction score
I have two tanks inside. A 65 gal acrylic and a 5 gal glass QT. I enjoy these tanks especially with winter coming and my pond pals closing in on hibernation. Just 3 small koi and a goldfish now but want some more goldies to even out the census. Once the pond warms in the spring to match the inside tank temp I will be putting the koi outside. For now though they are stuck with me:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Would love to see pics of your indoor tanks, Glanzaboy71! I need to clean my indoor tanks before I can take any pics. Keep forgetting to buy more salt for my brackish water tank. Made what I learned was a large mistake using some of my pond water stuff in that tank. Made it have TONS of junk floating in there. Going to have to get out my quilt batting and start sifting it out of the water that way. Filters get clogged in a day, I think. Darn, stupid me. :banghead3:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have way too many tanks, I have a 12 gallon glass top in the front sitting area, then I have three tanks in the living room, two 6 gallons one with wild guppies and the other with fancy guppies, and a 30 gallon mixed tank in the living room too. Then in the kitchen there is a little 10 gallon tank with auatic little frog and pladdies. In the spare room there is a 90 gallon fish tank with a really big Tin Foil Barb that eats dog food!!

Last but not least, in my bedroom there is a 27 gallon long tank with upside down catfish (they are cave dwellers that swim upside all the time) and I bought him in 1991! You can do the math and figure out how old that fish is!! He lives with wild guppies and eats many of them, as well as frozen brine shrimp too! That tank is as old as him, and I never take it apart or move him, just do part water changes every few months. Hubby and I never knew they lived forever!!!

All my fish tanks have live plants and nothing plastic, only real rocks or real glazed ceramic pieces and lava rock too. I do not put plastic ornaments because they are toxic and the algae that grows on them is also toxic to algae eater as the algae that grows off the plastic grows black and blue, and black and blue algae is toxic. On real rocks, wood or glazed ceramic ornaments, the algae grows green and healthy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm always so envious of people who have multiple HUGE tanks! Colleen, you have the most individual tanks I've ever known anyone to have, unless they raise fish to sell as a hobby. I finally got a 55 gal about 3 years ago (that's what started my pond dreams - it came with 5 goldfish!) and before that was thrilled to have a 29 high tank! As a kid, never had larger than a 10 gallon.

Ask a Question