How much is too much water change?

Reaction score
UGH! The pond is apparently FILTHY! I had to clean the batting this morning. I added another layer further up the filter to try to filter even more and I had to wash that out already.

I guess this is the drill right now. Cleaning the batting every morning till the pond is back to normal. I wonder if my well is dirty? I might do another change and use my RO water, that I know is filtered clean with zero particles floating in it.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm sorry Priscilla. Although maybe what you have is the equivalent to snow. You know, the Canadians get snow and leaves and you get muck and dirt. :rolleyes: I hope you can get it cleared up soon, I know how frustrating murky water can be.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Speaking as a Canadian, I'd gladly contend with "muck and dirt" for the next five months. Instead, I'm faced with ice I can walk on, topped with a 2' layer of snow! Some people don't know when they're well off!!!! :rolleyes:
John

Reaction score
Speaking as a Canadian, I'd gladly contend with "muck and dirt" for the next five months. Instead, I'm faced with ice I can walk on, topped with a 2' layer of snow! Some people don't know when they're well off!!!! :rolleyes:
John

Its so hot outside right now, I can't even go out to check on the pond! Sweating!

LOL!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rub it in Priscilla..............at least we are still in the 40's and 50's here and actually had sunshine today :p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'll bet if you give addy access, and ask nice, she would do it for you.:)
We've had pretty nice weather here this fall. I'm surprised you have a frozen birdbath already. You folks are usually more humid and warmer than we are. I'd ask morewater, but he's running south.
Mind you, we're supposed to get down to the -teens next week.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
We're getting down to around -2 C pretty well every night now. The pond had 1/8" of ice earlier in the week, but nothing today. The birdbath is up off the ground, and was frozen solid this morning. Now it's +2, and the snow has turned to rain. Just sorta crappy!
John :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's probably more than my skill with a computer can manage.
John
Give me your password via pm, if you want to, I can set it up for you. And will not abuse your pw, but you can always change it. Include your zip code

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, Addy. As if you didn't have enough to do already!
John
Not that much work, just had to recall where the stickers were. good test of memory..............lol

and you are welcome glad to do it for you

Ask a Question