How often do you top up??

Reaction score
Fairly new to the pond scene. Only have the pond for a little over a year. I have a small 320 gallon pond with a 900GPH Laguna Pump and a 1000 gallon laguna external box filter running into a small waterfall. I also have a small 250GPH pump running a second small waterfall. I live in Eastern Pa and right now the temps are about 90 degrees and sunny most of the time. My water seems to be going down about an inch or two every 2 to 3 days. Is this normal?? I'm hoping I don't have a leak somewhere.

How often do you guys top up??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's about normal. With my waterfall running and high temps I lose about a 1/2"
a day.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Nice little pond you have there
A smaller pond has less surface water so the evaporation might look a little more extreme
I go down about 1" every 3 or 4 days its been realy hot here

PS3

Reaction score
really so 1/2" a day with high temps and humidy is normal thats good to know...because i was down about that from sunday to monday i guess. its been really hot and humid here
farmer you have a awesome pond

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I throw the hose in the pond and run it for 5 minutes or so every other morning since im out there with my coffee anyways, wether its needed or not... helps keep things fresh

Ask a Question