United States
Doesn't show here . Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
To be honest I thought he had been Mia a long time now.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Not sure on my goldfish, none are very old. Maybe 5-6 years, none Are much beyond 6” or so, maybe bigger than that hard to say with the large koi and orfes , make the goldfish look smaller than they are sometimes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
I had some that made it to five years ... then disaster struck.

Current population is about two years old, I think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have just one of my original 7 goldfish left and it is about 10 years old. The heron had a feast the last couple years. There are, however, a bunch of younger ones. I guess that is population control.

Reaction score
Country
France
Recently lost one of the 7 original goldfish in the pond. This one was huge, an orange comet and one of the very few left from that group. I think it was 11 or 12 years old. Looked perfectly fine, just old I think.

It made me wonder about the lifespan of goldfish in other people's ponds.

So, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how old are your oldest goldfish? Or how old was the oldest when it died?

I bought 2 goldfish in 2001, brought them home in a little plastic bag. I fed them for a couple of weeks then decided to let them fend for themselves in the wildlife pond, along with assorted toads ,newts and other such pond life . They are still going strong , although last year I started feeding them because we had a major clean out and water change of the pool. So in answer to your question, they are 22 years old.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
No clue, between snakes and herons most of mine are young.
Raccoons got my first ones for two years. First we built a cover to put on at night. That got tiresome so I paid $$$$ to have it deepened. Now I have two three year olds that survived the raccoons and had babies when I thought they were babies. After that it grew to 11 adults. Then this year they had at least 25 more babies. Amazing how they survive the hot summer and now the below freezing winter. I will need to find homes for some within the next couple years as they get larger.

Ask a Question