Welcome back old pal :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
After having visited us nearly daily for a few months, it's been terribly owl-less for the last several weeks. Then last night, I was watching the fish around dusk and whoooosh. I look up and about 20 feet away an owl was trying to grab one of the chipmunk horde. Then it perched in a nearby tree and watched me and the neighbor stare happily at it until dark :) Of course I can't be certain, but I suspect that this is the youngster that was raised behind us. Either way, I got to see an owl again finally last night :love:🦉
Oh and a derpy squirrel eating crabapples. https://photos.app.goo.gl/masaoe3yKaVznVABA

P1080404.JPG
P1080496.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Seeing green again! You are SO lucky!
I hope you're sitting down, cause I got 5 different owl videos overnight! 3 were crappy, but two showed the owl was completely unbothered by my net and went shopping for frogs in the pond. I had been worried that it might interfere and left one end completely open. Apparently that was a good choice.

Here's a shot from a few weeks back - I think it was probably studying the situation. 🦉 :love:
P1070571.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope you're sitting down, cause I got 5 different owl videos overnight! 3 were crappy, but two showed the owl was completely unbothered by my net and went shopping for frogs in the pond. I had been worried that it might interfere and left one end completely open. Apparently that was a good choice.

Here's a shot from a few weeks back - I think it was probably studying the situation. 🦉 :love: View attachment 161140
Frog didn't seem bothered by the owl in the vids!

Ask a Question