How to attach the 55 gallon drum filters.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
mw, good catch! I'm feeling cynical so I'm going to guess that SpringFlo found an embossing machine that a packing company didn't want because the patterns were too small!

Reaction score
wow, thanks. I'm currently having a problem with the filter. The one I am building I have to add the pump before the filter but then the water won't go up to the waterfall. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. The waterfall is above water level so the water wont go up. :banghead3:

Attachments

• filter pond problem.png
    filter pond problem.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 701

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow, thanks. I'm currently having a problem with the filter. The one I am building I have to add the pump before the filter but then the water won't go up to the waterfall. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. The waterfall is above water level so the water wont go up. :banghead3:

Is the filter sealed? you would need to build up pressure to get the water to flow up hill. My pump will only push water so high then it cavitates, i.e. the water stops going up.

Can you raise the filter to the level of the water fall? or almost the same level

Reaction score
The other easier solution would be to raise the 55 gal filter barrel so the water level is slightly above the waterfall, then the water can gravity flow out and down to the waterfall reservoir.

Ask a Question