Attaching liners to pavers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I'm creating a small pond were a planter used to be. The pond will be in among large patio pavers. In a previous post members were very helpful in helping me with filtration and pump size but now I find myself faced with another delemia. How do I attach and hid the pond liner on the existing pavers? I thought about using interlocking blocks to big a small wall but I'm not sure how to attach it to the pavers so it doesn't accidently get moved. Or is that not even a concern? Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
once the water is in and the pavers on top the weight of the pavers will hold the liner .Mine is only held down by 2x12 boards .My lotus pond liner is only held down by pavers

Attachments

• lotus pond 002.JPG
    lotus pond 002.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 535
  • pond june 26th2014 007.JPG
    pond june 26th2014 007.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 532
  • pond june 26th2014 009.JPG
    pond june 26th2014 009.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 420

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So the pond is going into a patio w/ pavers all around it and you are putting a liner down into where the planter was? I think you can just set the heavy pavers around the top of the liner and it will not move unless someone really rams into it w/ something like sissy suggested. Unless we are missing something here. If so maybe a photo of the area would help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
So the pond is going into a patio w/ pavers all around it and you are putting a liner down into where the planter was? I think you can just set the heavy pavers around the top of the liner and it will not move unless someone really rams into it w/ something like sissy suggested. Unless we are missing something here. If so maybe a photo of the area would help.
Thank you both. the existing patio pavers cannot be lifted up to put the liner under them. They are too big. I can put stone blocks on top of the paver to hold the liner but I was worried someone could kick or move the stone blocks into the pond if I did not use mortor or some other way to secure the blocks on the edge of the pond. Do you think the stone blocks that are used to make retaining walls would need to be secured to the pavers?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If the stone or block is heavy I don't think someone is going to kick it into the pond. They would have a very sore toe kicking on them that hard. Try it yourself and see. I take no responsibility for the repair of your toe :D

Reaction score
I did similar with my waterfall...I placed the liner under the top row of block but only half way and used adhesive to secure the block to the one below it -
IMG_5456.JPG

When I did it not only did I place the adhesive where the blocks make contact but I also placed some above/below the liner hoping it would help secure the liner and keep it from popping out. After it dried I tugged on the liner and it seemed quite secure. I don't know if that is because of the adhesive or the pinching of the 2 blocks but, either way, it was not going to pop out by itself.

Maybe you can take the same approach with yours.

Ask a Question