How to hide skimmer cover

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
My particular skimmer did not come with a "fake rock" lid. How can I hide the lid without making it hard to get into for cleaning?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sandy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My lid was white, pool skimmer, I just took spray paint for plastic, sprayed it a combo of brown and black, don't even notice it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
why not get a potted plant something like those trailing ones it would hide it and give a splash of color

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I built a little dock from cedar that covered it. I made it with hinges so I can lift it up to clean.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 508
  • pond 2012 006.JPG
    pond 2012 006.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 671

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I've tossed around a few ideas for mine as well and nothing really appeals to me yet. I would love to hear more ideas as well. Mine skimmer covers are huge, 30" x 36" and not flat topped, they have a series of vertical and horizontal ridges that help make the lid more sturdy and even if painted they would still show through.

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
gardengirl said:
I built a little dock from cedar that covered it. I made it with hinges so I can lift it up to clean.
That is VERY creative and cute! Thanks for sharing.

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
HTH said:
Sculpt fake rocks with spray foam then paint them for looks and UV protect the foam.
That is SO funny! I just bought 2 cans of "Great Stuff" today at Lowe's to do this with. I hope I can get the rocks to look halfway natural. Have you tried it? I'm wondering if, once the stuff starts setting, I could mold it like playdough without it sticking to my hands. I guess I'll soon find out. It's on my agenda for tomorrow, although after having seen that little dock that gardengirl shared (above), I'm having second thoughts.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My late father-n-law had some leftover cedar planks and they are so special to look at everyday. I recovered my little bridge with some of the planks.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
joesandy1822 said:
That is SO funny! I just bought 2 cans of "Great Stuff" today at Lowe's to do this with. I hope I can get the rocks to look halfway natural. Have you tried it? I'm wondering if, once the stuff starts setting, I could mold it like playdough without it sticking to my hands. I guess I'll soon find out. It's on my agenda for tomorrow, although after having seen that little dock that gardengirl shared (above), I'm having second thoughts.

Thanks!
I have not done it but others have. It is a polyurethane so I expect it to stick like crazy.

Ask a Question