White lump on my goldfish, could it be removed?

Reaction score
Hi,
The other day I discovered a white lump on my goldfish. After doing some research my findings were grim it appears to be microsporidian. A deep cleaning of the tank was done a little less then a month ago, as in cleaning the gravel and boiling it in water. The goldfish tank is small so the water is changed every other week and the filter the same. I take the filter apart about every month or so to clean that really well.

Attachments

• IMAG1474.jpg
    IMAG1474.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 874

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
are you using city water that needs treated and could it be the start of some type of ick

Reaction score
I live in the country area on nj and we have a well with a filter so we use the tap but it's what we drink too

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh ok I am from Jersey .Have you tested your water .I know mine is full of iron and I ended up with putting in 2 filters plus an extra carbon filter .The ph was very high

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There is medicated food you can buy or you can add a little garlic to regular food

Ask a Question