Howdy from East Texas

Reaction score
I had a rather big build up over the winter of scum at the bottom so this last weekend i went swimming and pulled out all of my rocks and netted and pulled out by hand about 8 or 9 5gallon buckets of crap from the bottom i have had to clean my filters like three or four times this week but everything has finally settled and is beautiful and clear

Reaction score
first thing first you need to find out how much water you have got?thats the key to the hole thing .then how much room your got to put a filter in and may be hide it?you can never over filter a pond its about how much room your got to put a filter. The smaller the filter the more times you have to clean it out.your uv probley have to double up on coz where you are in the world. do you want to do cheep?or add filters as you put more fish or get bigger.you need to pump half the amount of the water in the pond around hour(but this rule can be bent depending on the size of the pond.take out the water one end of the pond and put back the water other end of the pond so all the water gets filtered i hope this puts some light on it for you

Reaction score
yea thats another thing im going to work on this weekend i have got to get my pond where it pulls from one side and pushes from the other i have had one of my pumps in a temporary spot during the winter cause it was too cold for me to get in and put it where it needs to be and im pretty sure this will solve my problem of build up

Reaction score
Pat its 15,000 gals. right now we only pull water thru the skimmer, and I believe I need to pull water from the bottom also. Smack from your post it sounds like you have a pump in the pond.

Reaction score
in the uk you should pull your pump of the bottom in the winter pull water from the top put the pump just under the water.in the summer put it back on the bottom but some fish keeper lift up just of the bottom to stop pulling solids up but i would say to them at that piont they need to clean out their pond out . any way is it hot or year round out there?

Reaction score
I found everything i have on ebay actually i got a becket 1800 and 5200gph pump from there and a jeboa 4200gph dome pump from there i got the 1800 for like 25$ and the 5200gph for 140$ and the 4200gph for 125$
the filters i got from ebay too I got two Grech cpf-10000 5000 Pond Bio Filter 18W UV Sterilizer Biological Mechanical Pressure filter if you want to check it out on ebay search for 5000 pond bio filter and it should come up i like them alot so far they do a great job but i have only had them for about 4 months and they were only 140$ a peice

Ask a Question