Howdy

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new garden pond owner in eastern Tennessee, zone 6. This is the first time we've tried a garden pond before. When my wife and I bought our house a few years ago, there was a concrete/stone water feature (2 sides natural stone and 2 sides concrete). Unfortunately, it had cracks and is mostly a concrete lined hole. We were unsuccessful in patching it. We broke down this weekend and bought a liner. After some imaginative steps, we now have a roughly 10' x 4' x 2' deep water-containing structure. It's a shame that we couldn't get the waterfall to work, but maybe in the future. So currently we have some parrot's feather, moneywort, and iris in the pond, with coleus and iris planted next to it.
So, I imagine I'll have a lot to learn about filters and pumps, etc. But there's been some good reading so far on the boards. Thanks for all of the info.

Eric

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Welcome Eric

Post some pictures when you have time, we always love to see them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Welcome, Eric! The best pics are when you have before and after pics. Yes, it's sad the waterfall doesn't work, but I'm sure you will figure out how to get it going again, or do something new and different! It will be unique and YOURS when you are done. Enjoy!

Ask a Question