sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We managed to pull him out but his claws may have damaged my liner and water is looking bad and not sure how long he was in there and if he hurt the fish .he fell in the one side and tried to get out the other side .I can't do another rebuild and that is all I can say

Attachments

• 100_8529.JPG
    100_8529.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_8530.JPG
    100_8530.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_8534.JPG
    100_8534.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 100_8533.JPG
    100_8533.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 234
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thats sad news Sissy but there is a product called Gold that sets underwater when sticking any patches over damaged areas:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Label...835456&sr=8-4&keywords=gold+label+pond+sealer

Poor Dog too it must have been frightened :cry:
Think positively the liner may have withstone her claws keeping my fingers crossed for you, in South Africa they would say we are keeping our thumbs crossed for you as well .

Dave

Last edited:

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hope your liner is OK sissy. My dalmatian fell into my pond years ago. I have no shallow shelves and she couldn't get out on her own. She wasn't in the pond too long, but it was enough time that she could have damaged the liner. The liner held up and I have never had a leak. Here's hoping you are as lucky.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn Sissy, sure hope the water is just stirred up not leaking.

I lucked out with the deer, it could have really trashed my pond with those sharp hooves when it was trying to get out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We watched our senior newfoundland almost fall into our pond. Our senior lab, who is now deceased, fell into the skimmer while I was doing some maintenance.

Out of concern for both my beloved dogs and pond, we purchased fencing that goes together in sections, at Lowes, and installed it around the pond. I planted vines to grow along it, so it looks pretty. It's very easy to lift one pole and open a section, to get inside, or do maintenance.

Currently the vines are in bloom and look beautiful :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
That's sad Sissy..... hope your mood picks up later.

Here is my solution to your problem. No one is gonna go in that pond, while the switch is on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
Don't give up Sissy. My neighbour had some chaps come round last year to cut the tree's back. The next morning I went out to inspect the pond only to find it nearly empty, my first thought was to give up, as I knew the lining was punctured as there was large sawn off branches sticking out of the pond, plus I knew I couldn't afford to replace the liner. Anyway, I removed all the fish, even the ones that looked dead and put them in a bucket of water from the pond, to my surprise they all lived. I filled the pond back up and introduced the fish back 3 days later. I still can't afford to replace the liner, so this means I have to top the pond up every couple of days and it's No Big Deal.

Hope this helps Sissy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Been trying to find owner of the dog .Drove all over he is chubby and a senior dog with a collar and chain .In between that I have had to clean the quilt batting .Aggie has injuries and still not sure what is going on as fish are jumping out of water .Signs I put up every where for miles .I can't go through replacing a 2 year old liner and I am 63 now and catching the fish putting them in tanks and setting up filters and all that is getting a bit much .Been 4 times already .Spca will have to pick up the dog if no owner shows up today .I am just tired of this .The dog can hardly walk and picking him up is not easy for me .I am fed up .tired .I posted the dog to every local sight including face book and spca locally .Loosing water and dog has long sharp nails .He scratched me when picking him ,correct that slashed my whole arm open .May need stitch's but no time so taped it close after cleaning it and put liquid skin on it

Attachments

• 100_8528.JPG
    100_8528.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 203

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not sure if you have a vet close by, but have you gotten him scanned to see if he has a chip?
Maybe just rehome the fish and make it a garden pond so it's a bit less stressful? I wish I was closer, I'd give you a hug and a hand cleaning up.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@sissy I hope your pond liner is OK, and I hope your arm is, as well! You have been through so much over your pond and you didn't need this. Can you tell how badly Aggie is injured?

But I do feel sorry for the dog as it's obvious he's a senior and was probably pretty scared. So I take it there was no ID on the collar? No, that would have been too easy. Why can't people be responsible for their pets! We've had an epidemic recently of neighbors' outdoor cats disappearing. One of those neighbors put up a trail cam and thinks it's a coyote! All of our cats are indoor cats and I wouldn't have it any other way!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can't tell yet how bad but her face is injured and water is clearing up so I can see better .No tags just a collar and chain .Thing is I had pots along that edge but moved them yesterday to work on the pond and got caught up working on the back decks until after 11 pm last night .Making poor hubby something to eat .I only see when fed a little 10 fish and i had 17

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest Threads