addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last thing she said was going to the med center, they may have kept her. A bad dog nail scratch, pond water can = disaster. IV antibiotics etc. Sure hope not.

All we can do is think of her and wait until she tells us what is happening.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She told me in a pm when she sent her address for the propolis that the owner was found. The dog had been missing for 3 days and they were very happy it was found. Name of blaze.
She said the dad left his number in case the liner needed to be replaced.

But also said she had to go to the med center, her arm was hurting. I am worried about that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They put one of those skin bandages almost 7 inch's long on my arm instead of stitch's .I was sick because blood sugar was way down and so was blood pressure .They were worried because I drove myself there but hubby cannot drive at night after eye surgery ,so no choice .They left me go home after 4 hours and I drove slow .Thank you all for your concern and yes owner was found and his son was so happy to get him back .The dog was 12 years old .I went grocery shopping today and son went with me and feeling better except for my pond liner and 2 dead fish and aggies injury .I got the water clear enough to get a look and not good .lost water again ,you can see poor puppies claw marks .He was such a good dog though .I thank every one for there concern and I will live ;) not sure what to do now .The brown is the pvc border and guess I was lucky that was there .So far I have been told you can patch a hole but slits you can't patch ,to much pressure will pull on the patch from the sides

Attachments

• 100_8565.JPG
    100_8565.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_8555.JPG
    100_8555.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_8562.JPG
    100_8562.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_8573.JPG
    100_8573.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_8566.JPG
    100_8566.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 154

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The dark area is where the height of the water was on the pvc border .Bad pics on some because I was trying to use my left hand and could not push the button on the camera right

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Sissy, I'm glad they kept you for a few hours, I'm sure you felt awful :(

I'm sorry about the loss of two of your fish and poor Aggie's injury :( One of my koi was badly scraped once , while spawning, and fortunately it healed nicely on it's own, with just clean pond water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am so glad to hear you are okay :)

so sorry about your fish.....

And I am so glad to hear the owner was actually concerned about their dog and that he/she went back home. At least they offered to pay for the damage, I wonder how they would feel about paying someone to repair it for you?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I ordered food off ebay that has kril spirulina and other good stuff and hoping that helps also .Aggie has 2 injuries one on her face and one on her back and guessing it is because fish are to friendly and thought they were being fed.Problem is owner gave me his name and cell number and i can't get hold of him .Thing is there is a lot of work to get this liner out .filters and every thing taken apart and fish moved to tanks and then adding stress to an already injured aggie .Eric told me I should wait for aggie to heal to do the move because stressing out an already injured fish could make it worse .She is big so stress would be even worse on her

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So far I have been told you can patch a hole but slits you can't patch ,to much pressure will pull on the patch from the sides
Glad to hear that you are basically OK and the dog is happily home.
Actually rips in a liner can be patched. Most advice is that you can't patch these and it is correct if one is thinking 6" repair tape.
The last five years that I was in pond design/construction all that I used was tape manufactured by Eternabond. It is a much better product with better adhesive qualities AND it is available in widths up to 4 feet....Yep, 4 feet wide. It is more expensive than the typical seam/repair tape but well worth the price IMO. It is carried by most Home Depots or can be ordered on-line.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I assumed the fish were injured when the dog was thrashing around trying to get out of the water (I'm sure he/she was scared to death)

Do you think the dog was trying to get the fish?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I really think it is not fair that I would have to patch a new liner second is one of the slits is in the creases in the corner and the other one is very near to the creases .Eric also talked about the liner repair but could not see it working in the creases successfully for any length of time .It may work like said if I took the liner out and repaired it but is that good or bad .In taking the liner out you might as well replace it .It would be the same amount of work and if tape does not hold up then more work .it is back at this corner and below that behind the liner is my under ground pipe for my gutter.No I just think the poor dog was so scared and the fish had no clue what was going on .The dog was in that corner when we pulled him out .The claw marks were all over the pvc

Attachments

• 100_8573.JPG
    100_8573.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 220
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Oh gosh! I am so glad to hear you don't have an infection or something -- but sorry to hear the rest of it. Too bad all us pond folks can't teleport there on a mission of pond mercy!

Well -- I wouldn't be much help, since I'm such a novice. But I could bring cookies to amp up your blood sugar! ;)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Bummer!
You are correct, repairing leaks at a crease or fold rarely is permanently successful because there is immediate stress to the tape adhesion.
Sorry, I tried.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thanks .I even tried to think of a way I could move that area to another spot but no luck since liner is longer that wider .I wish there was a fix just because of the amount of work involved taking the pond apart .One 63 year old person verses a 5000 gallon pond :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swanstud

Latest Threads