I know its weird, but can i get some feedback?

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
I am a graphic/web designer and I have been putting together a portfolio. My main target audience is adult, age 30+ business owners who enjoy design but are not "design snobs"

I have been designing my portfolio and getting a lot of feedback from other graphic designers, but getting design feedback from graphic designers can be extremely frustrating because they think things over WAY too much. Since my target is NOT to make designers happy wit my work, and instead make the non-designer happy, i would LOVE it if one or two or more of you would have a look at my portfolio and tell me what you think from an average person standpoint.

The reason i think you guys would be the best to look at it is, even though you are not graphic designers, you do have an eye for design in someway> Landscaping and pond design has its own elements that can easily be worked into other visual arenas.

So just click on this to download.. its just a PDF.. its kind of big because there are a lot of images attached to it..
http://bscphoto.com/design/BSC_Design_Portfolio.pdf

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
thanks for taking a look. I think the issue might be on your side. Maybe the file didnt download all the way or something and you tried to open it. I just downloaded the file and opened it and there was nothing wrong.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
thanks very much... was there any page that popped out at you, or bothered you?? Were you more interested in looking at the work, or the portfolio as a whole?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Each one had its merits, but what impressed me was the diversity. You style was not stuck in a rut, it appears as though you have vision. I lack that in my web sites. I wish I had better vision. I do well in my back yard, i wish I could translate that to my web pages.

I get a lot of people here every week. it has never failed, I always get a compliment on my Koi Pond Gardens.

Keep up the good work.

Reaction score
I was finally able to view your portfolio. I agree with Dr. Dave. You have good versatility, from romantic to funky, from classic to contemporary. The ones I liked best, were the romantic photography and the Power Nubby. The romantic because I am a romantic at heart and I often joke that I was born about 100 years too late, as I love Victorian anything. I loved the Power Nubby, not only for the design, but for the story behind it. My dog Pepper is a puppymill rescue. Fortunately he had no major physical or long term emotional damage, but too many dogs are not that lucky. Good Luck in your career pursuits!

Ask a Question