I saw my weird bird again and it IS a wren!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/please-help-id-bird-or-at-least-its-morphed-colors.24525/#post-395672

The above is the link to my original thread. I had spotted a bird with odd coloring and was almost certain that it was a wren.

Well, it flew right in front of me this morning, and spent some time frolicking around the compost bin. And, to confirm, it DID have a companion wren with it. I had my iPhone, but wasn’t able to get good pics due to distance (and I had the darn thing zoomed in MAX!). I managed to get a couple of quick videos and these shots are screen grabs from those vids (if I can remember my password, I’ll try to post them on YouTube so I can include the link.).

Has anyone seen a wren this color before?

9B6ECF86-0773-4739-8878-B54433A0E0EB.jpeg
5DF8CC1D-C5AE-46C2-BE2D-4A01B4D555F1.jpeg

If I can remember, I’ll tag those of you who responded to the original thread — and @JBtheExplorer.
@Somethin' Fishy @bagsmom @Tara @RobAmy @sissy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You're going to love that Wren if it takes residency near by!
I have a Wren that comes back to nest on my deck every year. He throws a few sticks in his birdhouse and then sings all day long until about 9:00pm the female eventually joins and finishes the nest while he protects and sing to her.
I look forward to his return every single year! He nests in the only birdhouse with opening too small for other birds to take over , if you want him to nest close to you, you can provide such birdhouse for him/it
This is the one I have but any bird house with tiny entrance would do.

birdhouse2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's great that it turned up again. Very pretty, what a neat sighting as it's color is not something seen every day.

Ask a Question