I think it's is a bad idea. What do you think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
wow 10 years i was expecting it to b 100 miles long :p , if u have expensive water , i guess hes doing the rite thing , if he runs it all day , half of its water will evaporate due to the size of that stream surface area and steep movement as well as the lower pond will not reserve much water , he can consider one thing to buy low power pump which will circulate very slowly may b it will keep little movement and prevent evaporation
stream is good but i recon if he adds more plants parallel to its banks, this stream can look amazing , u can advise him

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All I see is rocks that I would love to have .YUMMY ROCKS not to eat but makes a rock lover drool ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get them here I have a rain garden full of them and several other places here on my property .I pick buckets of them up daily but most are not that appealing looking or they are small .But I do dig up some treasured flat rocks the rain garden as I call it is where my underground storage water tank is and has 2 feet of those rocks I collected from this property
pics on durecell back up 803.JPG
100_8341.JPG
100_9496.JPG
pics on durecell back up 1005.JPG

Reaction score
Now I'm wondering why he thinks it would harm it to stay on for a while, unless he's not got a proper pond pump. Or the water runs out of the stream at some point.
Judging from the pictures the last one seems like a very real possibility, but who knows. Why don't you try and get a video of it with the water circulating and upload it so we can see this ten-year project in all its splendor and glory. (y)
As for only running the water part time..... if it's simply a water feature and all about the waterfall then I don't see a problem with it. A mosquito dunk will take care of any mosquitos, and running it for an hour or two a day should be enough to prevent the water from getting too putrid.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
The lower pond is quite deep, over six feet. I don't think this is a fish pond he mentioned it being dog friendly and has two Labradors. I guess if runs it for awhile every day it stay somewhat oxygenated. I'll get over there when it's running someday. Strange I know when I was creating my pond NOTHING could keep me from getting water in it, he's spent many summers not doing much other than cleaning the waterway and gathering rocks. Told me TWO years ago that it would running 'next week'. I'm glad he got it done (?) and it does have a pleasant sound, slightly louder than my pond. But still, I think it's something you'd get tired of after all the work and disappointing return. And the works just starting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If he wanted a sometimes water feature, a pondless waterfall would have been a better choice. Which he could still do, actually.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My brother lives up there in Flatrock budgenator .I don't think he would go that far for me .He loves me but not that much :);)

Ask a Question