Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Very vague — can you provide more information? What kind of pond do you have now — liner or pre-formed? Do you want to join 2 pieces of liner together to make a larger liner? Do you want to connect 2 ponds together, say, with a stream? Pictures might help.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a liner pond and want to expand using a preformed pond. how can I connect the two? The existing liner is “scaly” from many years of use. So wanting to bond liner to preformed pond that will withstand central Canada weather (+30C to -30C).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's no way to bond glue or seal the two together technically. Over laying is the only way to control the water.
Your better off with more liner . I honestly wish they would stop selling preforms

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1652110925992.gif
@Etnig

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I agree that you would be better off buying a new, larger liner, and digging a larger hole. Maybe the preform could serve as an area for a bog filter.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
If you live in an an area that really gets down to -30c ( -22f ) then a preformed will crack as soon as cold weather hits. Those things are fine in warmer climates but simply do not last in the cold. I agree with others, either seam two of the same type of liner or start over with a larger liner.

Ask a Question